Where's Martin Bormann ?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Alexander

Where's Martin Bormann ?

Post by Alexander » 14 Nov 2003, 20:59

How do you think - what happened with Borman ?

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Nov 2003, 21:01

KIA or suicide in Berlin.
In December 1972, excavations dug up two skeletons near the Reichstag in West Berlin and, in early 1973, a West German forensic expert used dental records to determine that one was almost certainly that of Bormann. In early May 1973, the DNA was matched to that of an 83-year old relative of Bormann. The other skeleton was identified as Hitler’s doctor, Ludwig Stumfegger. The two men had apparently been found by a Russian soldier and had taken cyanide. In April 1973, a West German court formally pronounced Bormann dead.
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Bormann.html

Locke

Post by Locke » 14 Nov 2003, 21:10

Even his son, Martin Bormann jr., is sure that his father died in Berlin in 1945. Bormann jr. wrote a book about his life and there is one chapter about his father, but there's nothing new in this book about Bormann sr.

Regards,
Polona

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 15 Nov 2003, 01:23

Bormann is Died And died in Berlin in May 2-3, 1945.

Never existed a IV Reich or Bormann in Southamerica or spain or Vatican or in the Moon.

The route was this:

He died here:

View looking north from the center of the now-deserted Invalidienstrasse bridge. Railroad tracks formerly ran through this overgrown gully. Sheds on the right (apparently post-war) sheltered waiting passengers. It was here that Artur Axmann found the bodies of Martin Bormann and Ludwig Stumpfegger.

Karl

Post by Karl » 15 Nov 2003, 06:30

Do we know how he died?

KIA or suicide?

August

Post by August » 15 Nov 2003, 10:49

Having seen what all that has happend in Afghanistan and Iraq, I will very much doubt any claims of Bormann's death unless there is some sold evidence for it. If his remains are there, a DNA test can be carried out. Ditto for Himmler's remains. :|

Has someone's read Hugh Thomas's book The Unlikely Death of Henrich Himmler?

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 15 Nov 2003, 10:53

August wrote:Having seen what all that has happend in Afghanistan and Iraq, I will very much doubt any claims of Bormann's death unless there is some sold evidence for it. If his remains are there, a DNA test can be carried out. Ditto for Himmler's remains. :|

Has someone's read Hugh Thomas's book The Unlikely Death of Henrich Himmler?
If you read my previous post, you'll see that DNA testing were done and the body (remains) were ID as Bormann.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 15 Nov 2003, 21:02

Bormann was injuried by the shoot of a bazooka against a German Tank where Bormann was hidden. He was very injuried and in the last moment to avoid had been captured live by the russians he took a cyanure capsule.

That´s all.

There is not mistery behind this, there is not Bormann in Argentine or in Paraguay, etc. Bormann is not the webmaster of this forum

In the book "The last nazi" the bio about mengele, the writer tell us how he meet Ladislas Farago (The autor of "Bormann and the IV Reich in America") in a Party and asked him why he wrote about his meeting with a Bormann dying in Paraguay. Ladislas smiled and answered with the true: it was a lie to sell books because the III Reich it still alive for the atracttion in the people.

No more.

DNA test closed the veredict in 1989.

August

Post by August » 16 Nov 2003, 16:59

Kocjo writes
If you read my previous post, you'll see that DNA testing were done and the body (remains) were ID as Bormann.
I stand corrected.
I did not know the DNA technique was available in early 70s. I thought it was a late 80s development.

Helly Angel says
DNA test closed the veredict in 1989.
Yes, the story ends with that. They must do the same with Himmler and clear the lingering doubts.

Thanks to both.

Karl

Post by Karl » 17 Nov 2003, 00:24

And what about his body? Was his family allowed to give him a funeral or anything? Where is it now?

Locke

Post by Locke » 17 Nov 2003, 17:51

The skeleton of Martin Bormann was offered to Bormann's children, but they refused to take it. The children weren't allowed to have the skeleton cremated, so they left it to German public prosecutors.
Als im Sommer danach die sterblichen Überreste uns Bormann-Kinder übergeben werden sollten zur Bestattung, lehnte unser Anwalt das ab, denn diese Übergabe war verbunden mit unannehmbaren Bedienungen: Eine Einäscherung und Urnenbestattung wurden verboten, die Gebeine sollten der Generalstaatsanwaltschaft zur Exhumierung jederzeit zur Verfügung stehen.

From Martin Bormann jr's book Leben gegen Schatten

Regards,
Polona

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 17 Nov 2003, 19:30

The skeleton was cremated and sent to a hidden place to avoid a neonazi monument.

Best,

Locke

Post by Locke » 17 Nov 2003, 22:02

Helly Angel wrote:The skeleton was cremated and sent to a hidden place to avoid a neonazi monument.

Best,
Do you maybe know in which year was that? In the book Martin Bormann jr wrote that the skeleton wasn't allowed to be cremated because of possibilities for further analysis. But Martin Bormann wold be in any case dead by now, so I guess there is no point in keeping the skeleton.

Regards,
Polona

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 17 Nov 2003, 23:02

Yes, I remember the body was cremated in the first months of 1998 and the noticed was published in august or september of 1998.

All the best.

Locke

Post by Locke » 18 Nov 2003, 17:15

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,
Polona

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”