Polish brutality against ethnic German civillians in WW2

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
PolAntek

Post by PolAntek » 19 Jun 2004, 07:08

yerbamatt wrote: I do hope nobody here attempts to equal sporadic Polish misdeeds with systematic genocidal policy, waged by Germans against the defeated Poland.
yerbamatt,

You have made many excellent observations and are entirely correct in your assessment of the baseless accusations against the Poles. This above statement succinctly encapsulates the essence of the matter. Well done.

Sadly, in order to deflect the egregious behavior of the German invaders, as evidenced by many of the posts on this forum, many revisionists do indeed try to move the spotlight onto the Poles as being guilty of equally heinous crimes. No doubt, human nature being what it is, acts of revenge did take place. Especially, as you have stated – who attacked who? It is every bit as ignorant to deny this fact.

I am quite certain that if an unprovoked attack intended to destroy my way of life, accompanied by the indiscriminate slaughter of innocents – neighbors, leaders of the community, women, children - were to take place right here and now as they did in the first days of September 1939 I may be compelled to unlock my gun cabinet and start loading the magazines. I am surprised that there weren’t more incidents of retribution against the occupiers and the criminals that aided them.

I am tired of those who continue to spew this fabricated and exaggerated crap, citing incidents such as Jedwabne and the post war Kielce pogrom as an indictment of the Poles as equal partners in crime. Give me a freakin’ break. The time is long overdue to call a spade a spade.

yerbamatt

Post by yerbamatt » 19 Jun 2004, 07:37

PolAntek wrote:
yerbamatt wrote: I do hope nobody here attempts to equal sporadic Polish misdeeds with systematic genocidal policy, waged by Germans against the defeated Poland.
yerbamatt,

You have made many excellent observations and are entirely correct in your assessment of the baseless accusations against the Poles. This above statement succinctly encapsulates the essence of the matter. Well done.

Sadly, in order to deflect the egregious behavior of the German invaders, as evidenced by many of the posts on this forum, many revisionists do indeed try to move the spotlight onto the Poles as being guilty of equally heinous crimes. No doubt, human nature being what it is, acts of revenge did take place. Especially, as you have stated – who attacked who? It is every bit as ignorant to deny this fact.

I am quite certain that if an unprovoked attack intended to destroy my way of life, accompanied by the indiscriminate slaughter of innocents – neighbors, leaders of the community, women, children - were to take place right here and now as they did in the first days of September 1939 I may be compelled to unlock my gun cabinet and start loading the magazines. I am surprised that there weren’t more incidents of retribution against the occupiers and the criminals that aided them.

I am tired of those who continue to spew this fabricated and exaggerated crap, citing incidents such as Jedwabne and the post war Kielce pogrom as an indictment of the Poles as equal partners in crime. Give me a freakin’ break. The time is long overdue to call a spade a spade.

Hey Tony, may God bless you for your support. Like you, I'm sick and tired of all these gallons of crocodile tears, being constanly shed over alleged victims of Polish savagery.

I don't think Poles need to apologize of anything to anybody - it can be conveniently used by others. Nobody is perfect and they definitely have a few sceletons in their closets - that's all. Nothing to talk about, contrary to their neighbours, unable to repent.

Greetings from the beautiful western coast of Canada ...

Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 19 Jun 2004, 14:31

Nothing to talk about, contrary to their neighbours, unable to repent.
Germany has been bending over backwards in "Holocaust reparations" for decades. Young German schoolchildren are taught that THEY are directly guilty for what happened decades before they were born, so don't say Germany is "unable to repent". It has in fact gone too far and lost its sense of national identity, which it is thankfully beginning to gain back. Germany has "repented" for its past crimes far more than any other country has for its own. And you can spare us your hyperactive defense of gallant Poland, you are blowing it out of proportion and defending it against accusations which no one made in the first place.

yerbamatt

Post by yerbamatt » 19 Jun 2004, 16:08

Beppo Schmidt wrote:
Nothing to talk about, contrary to their neighbours, unable to repent.
Germany has been bending over backwards in "Holocaust reparations" for decades. Young German schoolchildren are taught that THEY are directly guilty for what happened decades before they were born, so don't say Germany is "unable to repent". It has in fact gone too far and lost its sense of national identity, which it is thankfully beginning to gain back. Germany has "repented" for its past crimes far more than any other country has for its own. And you can spare us your hyperactive defense of gallant Poland, you are blowing it out of proportion and defending it against accusations which no one made in the first place.
The cap fits, Beppo - I said "neighbours", not Germany, Poles got other neighbours with bloody paws, that's first.

Second - "young Germany children are thaught that THEY are directly guilty", you're saying - question , if they learn anything? And what about older generations?

Third - I said unable to repent and not to pay reparations. BTW - "Holocaust reparations" are paid for Jews - we've been talking about Poles here.

Fourth - Poland definitely was more gallant to Germany in her history than vice versa. One of the latest examples - it was Poland, which in 1965 first made overtures towards her western neighbours (Polish bishops' letter) and not Germany, constantly bearing unfounded grudges. Their, Polish, only guilt is they've been standing on the German way and not getting bullied for centuries - that's all.

And last but not least: carefully read all your previous posts. It was YOU extaticly accusing Poland of cruelly treating her German subjects (quoting a mere few lines of one book to prove it), so don't change your skin now. It is YOU trying to equal sporadic Polish misdeeds with systematic, genocidal policy waged by Germans towards the defeated Poland. I know why - addressing Jews in similar way is forbidden by law, so Poles make very convenient "whipping boys" for YOU, how courageous!

Spare us your hyperactive attacks against mutilated Poland, you're blowing it out of proportion...
Last edited by yerbamatt on 19 Jun 2004, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Mostowka

Post by Mostowka » 19 Jun 2004, 16:09

Beppo:
Young German schoolchildren are taught that THEY are directly guilty for what happened decades before they were born
Give me a good source for this as it sounds very strange to my ears. I know quite a few Germans and those kind of tendencies you mention belong to the past.

Maybe you don´t keep up to date with current German affairs to well from Ohio, :wink:

Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 19 Jun 2004, 19:01

It is YOU trying to equal sporadic Polish misdeeds with systematic, genocidal policy waged by Germans towards the defeated Poland.
When did I ever accuse the Poles of genocide? I sid ethnic Germans were DEPORTED, not exterminated.
I know why - addressing Jews in similar way is forbidden by law, so Poles make very convenient "whipping boys" for YOU, how courageous!
You know nothing about me whatsoever if you think I am attacking Poles because I am not allowed to attack Jews. I am not anti-Semitic- or anti-Polish for that matter- and I do not care for your ridiculous accusations. I am leaving this thread as you have made it clear you do not read what I write, ignore evidence whch goes against your views, and accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being anti-Semitic and anti-Polish.

Auf Wiedersehen, Herr Yerbamatt

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Jun 2004, 19:03

yerbamatt wrote:I know why - addressing Jews in similar way is forbidden by law, so Poles make very convenient "whipping boys" for YOU, how courageous!
That is exectly the kind of remarks David has been warning you about, any further such childish insulting remarks from you will not be tolerated.

/Marcus

Reichskriegsgericht

Post by Reichskriegsgericht » 19 Jun 2004, 19:36

yerbamatt wrote:One of the latest examples - it was Poland, which in 1965 first made overtures towards her western neighbours (Polish bishops' letter) and not Germany, constantly bearing unfounded grudges
I don't know in what world you are living, but it's certainly not the real world. The Germans expelled from Poland made "their overtures towards their neighbours in the East" in August 1950 and explictely renounced revenge and retaliation. It took the polish bishops 15 (!) years in which they tormented themselves for a mediocre answer in which with very stipulate words they expressed pityand regret.

Here is the Charta der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen

Charta der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen
gegeben zu Stuttgart am 5. August 1950

Im Bewußtsein ihrer Verantwortung vor Gott und den Menschen, im Bewußtsein ihrer Zugehörigkeit zum christlich-abendländischen Kulturkreis, im Bewußtsein ihres deutschen Volkstums und in der Erkenntnis der gemeinsamen Aufgabe aller europäischen Völker, haben die erwählten Vertreter von Millionen Heimatvertriebenen nach reiflicher Überlegung und nach Prüfung ihres Gewissens beschlossen, dem deutschen Volk und der Weltöffentlichkeit gegenüber eine feierliche Erklärung abzugeben, die die Pflichten und Rechte festlegt, welche die deutschen Heimatvertriebenen als ihr Grundgesetz und als unumgängliche Voraussetzung für die Herbeiführung eines freien und geeinten Europas ansehen.

1. Wir Heimatvertriebenen verzichten auf Rache und Vergeltung. Dieser Entschluß ist uns ernst und heilig im Gedenken an das unendliche Leid, welches im besonderen das letzte Jahrzehnt über die Menschheit gebracht hat.

2. Wir werden jedes Beginnen mit allen Kräften unterstützen, das auf die Schaffung eines geeinten Europas gerichtet ist, in dem die Völker ohne Furcht und Zwang leben können.

3. Wir werden durch harte, unermüdliche Arbeit teilnehmen am Wiederaufbau Deutschlands und Europas. Wir haben unsere Heimat verloren. Heimatlose sind Fremdlinge auf dieser Erde. Gott hat die Menschen in ihre Heimat hineingestellt. Den Menschen mit Zwang von seiner Heimat trennen, bedeutet, ihn im Geiste töten. Wir haben dieses Schicksal erlitten und erlebt. Daher fühlen wir uns berufen zu verlangen, daß das Recht auf die Heimat als eines der von Gott geschenkten Grundrechte der Menschheit anerkannt und verwirklicht wird. So lange dieses Recht für uns nicht verwirklicht ist, wollen wir aber nicht zur Untätigkeit verurteilt beiseite stehen, sondern in neuen, geläuterten Formen verständnisvollen und brüderlichen Zusammenlebens mit allen Gliedern unseres Volkes schaffen und wirken. Darum fordern und verlangen wir heute wie gestern:

1. Gleiches Recht als Staatsbürger nicht nur vor dem Gesetz, sondern auch in der Wirklichkeit des Alltags.
2. Gerechte und sinnvolle Verteilung der Lasten des letzten Krieges auf das ganze deutsche Volk und eine ehrliche Durchführung dieses Grundsatzes.
3. Sinnvollen Einbau aller Berufsgruppen der Heimatvertriebenen in das Leben des deutschen Volkes.
4.Tätige Einschaltung der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen in den Wiederaufbau Europas.
Die Völker der Welt sollen ihre Mitverantwortung am Schicksal der Heimatvertriebenen als der vom Leid dieser Zeit am schwersten Betroffenen empfinden.
Die Völker sollen handeln, wie es ihren christlichen Pflichten und ihrem Gewissen entspricht.
Die Völker müssen erkennen, daß das Schicksal der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen wie aller Flüchtlinge, ein Weltproblem ist, dessen Lösung höchste sittliche Verantwortung und Verpflichtung zu gewaltiger Leistung fordert.
Wir rufen Völker und Menschen auf, die guten Willens sind, Hand anzulegen ans Werk, damit aus Schuld, Unglück, Leid, Armut und Elend für uns alle der Weg in eine bessere Zukunft gefunden wird.

Die zentrale Gedenkstätte zur Erinnerung an Flucht und Vertreibung auf dem Theodor-Heuss-Platz in Berlin-Charlottenburg. Angehörige der Landsmannschaften, der Bundesregierung, des Berliner Senats und der politischen Par teien haben zum "Tag der Heimat" Kränze niedergelegt.

Dr. Linus Kather
Mitglied des Bundestages
Vorsitzender
des Zentralverbandes
der Vertriebenen Deutschen

Josef Walter
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen
in Hessen

Helmut Gossing
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes Nieder-
sachsen im ZvD

Dr. Karl Mocker
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
der vertriebenen Deutschen
in Württemberg

U. Eschenbach
Landesverband der vertriebenen
Deutschen, Stuttgart

Wilhelm Zeisberger
Neubürgerbund, Bayern

Dr. Alfred Gille
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen, Schleswig-Holstein

Dr. Bernhard Geisler
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes der
Ostvertriebenen Nordrhein-Westfalen

Erwin Engelbrecht
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
Bayern im ZvD

A. Deichmann
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes der
vertriebenen Deutschen Rheinland-Pfalz

Roman Herlinger
Hauptausschuß der Flüchtlinge
und Ausgewiesenen in Bayern

Dr. Rudolf Lodgman von Auen
Sprecher der Sudeten-
deutschen Landsmannschaft

Erwin Tittes
Sprecher der Landsmannschaft
der Siebenbürger Sachsen in Deutschland

Dr. Rudolf Wagner
der deutschen Umsiedler aus der Bukowina

Dr. Alfred Rojek
Vorsitzender
des Berliner Landesverbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen

Walter von Keudell
Berlin-Brandenburg

Dr. Konrad Winkler
Vorsitzender der
Interessengemeinschaft der Heimat-
vertriebenen in Südbaden

Axel de Vries
Sprecher der
Deutsch-Baltischen Landsmannschaft

Franz Hamm
Vorsitzender der Landsmannschaft
der Deutschen aus Jugoslawien

Erich Luft
Landesverband Bayern im ZvD

Dr. Karl Bartunek
Landesverband
in Nordbaden

Dr. Ottomar Schreiber
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Ostpreußen

Erik von Witzleben
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Westpreußen

Dr. Walter Rinke
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Schlesien

Anton Birkner
Sprecher der
Karpatendeutschen Landsmannschaft Slowakei

Herbert v. Bismarck
Sprecher der
Pommerschen Landsmannschaft

Waldemar Kraft
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Weichsel/Warthe

Dr. Gottlieb Leibbrandt
Sprecher der Arbeitsgemeinschaft
der Ostumsiedler (Rußlanddeutsche)

Dr. Kimme
Vorsitzender des Landesverbandes
der Vertriebenen Deutschen in Bremen

Dr. Erich Kautzor
Vorsitzender des Verbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen in Württemberg, Hohenzollem und Lindau

Am 5. August 1950 wurde diese "Charta der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen" in Stuttgart auf einer Großkundgebung in Gegenwart von Mitgliedern der Bundesregierung, der Kirchen und der Parlamente von dem Unbekannten Heimatvertriebenen verkündet. Sie trägt die Unterschriften der Sprecher der Landsmannschaften der Vertriebenen sowie der Vorsitzenden des Zentralverbandes der vertriebenen Deutschen und seiner Landesverbände. In allen Teilen Deutschlands wurde sie auf Großkundgebungen bestätigt.

yerbamatt

Post by yerbamatt » 19 Jun 2004, 20:04

Beppo Schmidt wrote:
It is YOU trying to equal sporadic Polish misdeeds with systematic, genocidal policy waged by Germans towards the defeated Poland.
When did I ever accuse the Poles of genocide? I sid ethnic Germans were DEPORTED, not exterminated.
I know why - addressing Jews in similar way is forbidden by law, so Poles make very convenient "whipping boys" for YOU, how courageous!
You know nothing about me whatsoever if you think I am attacking Poles because I am not allowed to attack Jews. I am not anti-Semitic- or anti-Polish for that matter- and I do not care for your ridiculous accusations. I am leaving this thread as you have made it clear you do not read what I write, ignore evidence whch goes against your views, and accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being anti-Semitic and anti-Polish.

Auf Wiedersehen, Herr Yerbamatt
Ahoy,

First, I said that you try to equal Polish misdeeds with German genocidal policy towards Poland, that's all.

Second - you started using the word "deported" in the middle of this discussion, before you'd claimed Germans were cruelly treated by Poles, supporting this accusation with a scientifical proof, called "common knowledge"

Third, you do accuse me of not reading your posts - have you ever tried to read mine? I don't think so. Most of my questions addressed to you remained conveniently ignored. Nice try - a pot is calling a kettle black

And fourth, don't put your own words in my mouth (it was a virtual hit below the belt) - I've never accused anyone here in this forum of being anti-Semitic or anti-Polish. Any quotes to support your claim?

Na shledanou, Pane Schmidt...

yerbamatt

Post by yerbamatt » 19 Jun 2004, 20:20

Reichskriegsgericht wrote:
yerbamatt wrote:One of the latest examples - it was Poland, which in 1965 first made overtures towards her western neighbours (Polish bishops' letter) and not Germany, constantly bearing unfounded grudges
I don't know in what world you are living, but it's certainly not the real world. The Germans expelled from Poland made "their overtures towards their neighbours in the East" in August 1950 and explictely renounced revenge and retaliation. It took the polish bishops 15 (!) years in which they tormented themselves for a mediocre answer in which with very stipulate words they expressed pityand regret.

Here is the Charta der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen

Charta der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen
gegeben zu Stuttgart am 5. August 1950

Im Bewußtsein ihrer Verantwortung vor Gott und den Menschen, im Bewußtsein ihrer Zugehörigkeit zum christlich-abendländischen Kulturkreis, im Bewußtsein ihres deutschen Volkstums und in der Erkenntnis der gemeinsamen Aufgabe aller europäischen Völker, haben die erwählten Vertreter von Millionen Heimatvertriebenen nach reiflicher Überlegung und nach Prüfung ihres Gewissens beschlossen, dem deutschen Volk und der Weltöffentlichkeit gegenüber eine feierliche Erklärung abzugeben, die die Pflichten und Rechte festlegt, welche die deutschen Heimatvertriebenen als ihr Grundgesetz und als unumgängliche Voraussetzung für die Herbeiführung eines freien und geeinten Europas ansehen.

1. Wir Heimatvertriebenen verzichten auf Rache und Vergeltung. Dieser Entschluß ist uns ernst und heilig im Gedenken an das unendliche Leid, welches im besonderen das letzte Jahrzehnt über die Menschheit gebracht hat.

2. Wir werden jedes Beginnen mit allen Kräften unterstützen, das auf die Schaffung eines geeinten Europas gerichtet ist, in dem die Völker ohne Furcht und Zwang leben können.

3. Wir werden durch harte, unermüdliche Arbeit teilnehmen am Wiederaufbau Deutschlands und Europas. Wir haben unsere Heimat verloren. Heimatlose sind Fremdlinge auf dieser Erde. Gott hat die Menschen in ihre Heimat hineingestellt. Den Menschen mit Zwang von seiner Heimat trennen, bedeutet, ihn im Geiste töten. Wir haben dieses Schicksal erlitten und erlebt. Daher fühlen wir uns berufen zu verlangen, daß das Recht auf die Heimat als eines der von Gott geschenkten Grundrechte der Menschheit anerkannt und verwirklicht wird. So lange dieses Recht für uns nicht verwirklicht ist, wollen wir aber nicht zur Untätigkeit verurteilt beiseite stehen, sondern in neuen, geläuterten Formen verständnisvollen und brüderlichen Zusammenlebens mit allen Gliedern unseres Volkes schaffen und wirken. Darum fordern und verlangen wir heute wie gestern:

1. Gleiches Recht als Staatsbürger nicht nur vor dem Gesetz, sondern auch in der Wirklichkeit des Alltags.
2. Gerechte und sinnvolle Verteilung der Lasten des letzten Krieges auf das ganze deutsche Volk und eine ehrliche Durchführung dieses Grundsatzes.
3. Sinnvollen Einbau aller Berufsgruppen der Heimatvertriebenen in das Leben des deutschen Volkes.
4.Tätige Einschaltung der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen in den Wiederaufbau Europas.
Die Völker der Welt sollen ihre Mitverantwortung am Schicksal der Heimatvertriebenen als der vom Leid dieser Zeit am schwersten Betroffenen empfinden.
Die Völker sollen handeln, wie es ihren christlichen Pflichten und ihrem Gewissen entspricht.
Die Völker müssen erkennen, daß das Schicksal der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen wie aller Flüchtlinge, ein Weltproblem ist, dessen Lösung höchste sittliche Verantwortung und Verpflichtung zu gewaltiger Leistung fordert.
Wir rufen Völker und Menschen auf, die guten Willens sind, Hand anzulegen ans Werk, damit aus Schuld, Unglück, Leid, Armut und Elend für uns alle der Weg in eine bessere Zukunft gefunden wird.

Die zentrale Gedenkstätte zur Erinnerung an Flucht und Vertreibung auf dem Theodor-Heuss-Platz in Berlin-Charlottenburg. Angehörige der Landsmannschaften, der Bundesregierung, des Berliner Senats und der politischen Par teien haben zum "Tag der Heimat" Kränze niedergelegt.

Dr. Linus Kather
Mitglied des Bundestages
Vorsitzender
des Zentralverbandes
der Vertriebenen Deutschen

Josef Walter
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen
in Hessen

Helmut Gossing
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes Nieder-
sachsen im ZvD

Dr. Karl Mocker
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
in Württemberg

U. Eschenbach
Landesverband der vertriebenen
Deutschen, Stuttgart

Wilhelm Zeisberger
Neubürgerbund, Bayern

Dr. Alfred Gille
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen, Schleswig-Holstein

Dr. Bernhard Geisler
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes der
Ostvertriebenen Nordrhein-Westfalen

Erwin Engelbrecht
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes
Bayern im ZvD

A. Deichmann
Vorsitzender
des Landesverbandes der
vertriebenen Deutschen Rheinland-Pfalz

Roman Herlinger
Hauptausschuß der Flüchtlinge
und Ausgewiesenen in Bayern

Dr. Rudolf Lodgman von Auen
Sprecher der Sudeten-
deutschen Landsmannschaft

Erwin Tittes
der Siebenbürger Sachsen in Deutschland

Dr. Rudolf Wagner
der deutschen Umsiedler aus der Bukowina

Dr. Alfred Rojek
Vorsitzender
des Berliner Landesverbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen

Walter von Keudell
Berlin-Brandenburg

Dr. Konrad Winkler
Vorsitzender der
Interessengemeinschaft der Heimat-
vertriebenen in Südbaden

Axel de Vries
Sprecher der
Deutsch-Baltischen Landsmannschaft

Franz Hamm
Vorsitzender der Landsmannschaft
der Deutschen aus Jugoslawien

Erich Luft
Landesverband Bayern im ZvD

Dr. Karl Bartunek
Landesverband
in Nordbaden

Dr. Ottomar Schreiber
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Ostpreußen

Erik von Witzleben
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Westpreußen

Dr. Walter Rinke
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Schlesien

Anton Birkner
Sprecher der
Karpatendeutschen Landsmannschaft Slowakei

Herbert v. Bismarck
Sprecher der
Pommerschen Landsmannschaft

Waldemar Kraft
Sprecher der
Landsmannschaft Weichsel/Warthe

Dr. Gottlieb Leibbrandt
Sprecher der Arbeitsgemeinschaft
der Ostumsiedler (Rußlanddeutsche)

Dr. Kimme
Vorsitzender des Landesverbandes
der Vertriebenen Deutschen in Bremen

Dr. Erich Kautzor
Vorsitzender des Verbandes
der Heimatvertriebenen in Württemberg, Hohenzollem und Lindau

Am 5. August 1950 wurde diese "Charta der deutschen Heimatvertriebenen" in Stuttgart auf einer Großkundgebung in Gegenwart von Mitgliedern der Bundesregierung, der Kirchen und der Parlamente von dem Unbekannten Heimatvertriebenen verkündet. Sie trägt die Unterschriften der Sprecher der Landsmannschaften der Vertriebenen sowie der Vorsitzenden des Zentralverbandes der vertriebenen Deutschen und seiner Landesverbände. In allen Teilen Deutschlands wurde sie auf Großkundgebungen bestätigt.
I've read carefully this declaration of thirty rightful Germans and believe me - I haven't been able to find one word : "POLEN".

That was not addressed to Poles, Czechs or Russians - it was just a sketchy semi-political statement, without any weight whatsoever, like it or not.

By the way, this is an English-speaking forum - why do you exclude others, who don't speak German? Any hidden agenda, eh?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Jun 2004, 20:22

yerbamatt wrote:By the way, this is an English-speaking forum - why do you exclude others, who don't speak German? Any hidden agenda, eh?
Drop it.

/Marcus

yerbamatt

Post by yerbamatt » 19 Jun 2004, 20:26

Marcus Wendel wrote:
yerbamatt wrote:By the way, this is an English-speaking forum - why do you exclude others, who don't speak German? Any hidden agenda, eh?
Drop it.

/Marcus
Marcus, you're perfectly right, it's hopeless and it's dropped.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Don Quijote and don't fight windmills...

Regards...

Karwats

Post by Karwats » 20 Jun 2004, 01:35

What happened was very spontanious - after all I've never heard about anti-German pogroms in Poland, that's first.
You seem to be remarkably ill informed for somoene so willing to defend the Poles at every opportunity. See References below.
Things were quite different for Poles in areas annected to the Reich immediately after September 1939 - hundreds od thousands of them were deported east to the newly created GG, tens of thousands killed in executions all over Warthegau, West Prussia and Upper Silesia.

I do hope nobody here attempts to equal sporadic Polish misdeeds with systematic genocidal policy, waged by Germans against the defeated Poland.
Can you provide some verification for your -tens of thousands?? I am providing my verification below.
By this logic killing tens of thousands of people would be a lesser crime or no crime if the other side killed 100's of thousands or millions, correct??
I don't think Poles need to apologize of anything to anybody
Is it even worth it trying to have a differing viewpoint.??
being constanly shed over alleged victims of Polish savagery.
They are not alleged and the victims are real. Just because the Polish government has never admitted to its actions does not mean they did not happen. BTW the Polish government has NEVER expressed regret about its actions after the war, the Polish Roman Catholic church has.

Original Polish document for expelling of ethnic Germans ca 1945.
Translation provided.

Borderprotection Headquarters
Wünschelburg 25 June 1945
ORDER!
In order for the German population to again live peacefully in their country the succesfull integration of the Western Areas into Poland is necesary/required.Forced evacuation of the entire German population from the Border Areas is hereby ordered.

You may take with the following:
20 Kg's of Baggage and Foodstuffs per person.

Businesses and properties that remain behind may not be destroyed.
The journey will be succesfull if done in an orderly and peacefull manner.
Any resistance will be harshly dealt with under Martial law.

Chief of Staff
J Szwarc
Lieutenant

Borderprotection Commander
A. Kisielow
Captain

This would seem to indicate state sanctioned and systematic reprisal against ethnic Germans. Note the passage on Martial law-this in itself is illegal as civilians are not subject to Martial law except in cases of war, civil war or armed civil inserection. Please note the date.

Between 1.3 and 1.5 Million Germans died during this expulsion.
Keegan John- The Second World War (1989)
Kurt Glaser & Stephan Possony-Victims of Politics (1979)

This would indicate a moral dillema, one side has accepted guilt and must bear the burden of reparations, the other has not and here reparations are forbidden by law. Makes one think who has the moral high ground.

But then as you said the Poles do not need to apologise about anything to anyone.... iacta alea est.

yerbamatt

Post by yerbamatt » 20 Jun 2004, 02:00

Nice try, Karwats - yet I do not need to respond to your message at all.

The reason is the topic of our discussion:

POLISH BRUTALITY AGAINST GERMAN CIVILIANS IN WWII (i.e. between September 1, 1939 and May 9, 1945, I guess) - so it's you who is ill informed.

I'm afraid you're too late - all forty eight days.

P.S. Do not jump, please, with Japan and her capitulation a few months later - both Germany and Poland are in Europe, not Asia.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 20 Jun 2004, 05:03

Karwats -- The expulsion of the Germans from Poland after the war has been discussed on a number of threads in this section of the forum, in particular:

9 million Germans expelled?
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=1698
Notes from a Land of the Dead [Poland]
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=6803
Father, shoot me [Poland]
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=6291
Soviet forces encouraged the expulsion of Germans
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=3504

If you would like to discuss the subject further, please do it on one of those threads. If you do, please provide your authority for this statement:
Note the passage on Martial law-this in itself is illegal as civilians are not subject to Martial law except in cases of war, civil war or armed civil inserection.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”