SS-Charlemagne Denkmal

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Bergmolch

SS-Charlemagne Denkmal

Post by Bergmolch » 09 Oct 2004, 04:37

Some pics from the Waffen-SS Charlemagne Denkmal in Süd Bayern

08/05/1945
12 wounded Charlemagne soldiers,8 Unknown,were shooting as traitors(??) from the murderer Le Clerc.

Le temps passe le souvenir reste.
Attachments
charlemagne1.jpg
charlemagne1.jpg (107.59 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
charlemagne2.jpg
charlemagne2.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
charlemagne3.jpg
charlemagne3.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
Last edited by Bergmolch on 09 Oct 2004, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

SS-Researcher

Re: SS-Charlemagne Denkmal

Post by SS-Researcher » 09 Oct 2004, 08:37

Drapeau Noir wrote:Some pics from the Waffen-SS Charlemagne Denkmal in Bad Reichenhall, Süd Bayern. Really close to Berchtesgaden and Salzburg(A).

08/05/1945
12 wounded Charlemagne soldiers,8 Unknown,were shooting as traitors(??) from the murderer Le Clerc.

Very nice photos, but I'd be grateful if you could remove exact location information. It would not be the first time that "evil minded elements" ;) desecrate a grave or a memorial :(

Thanks and best wishes
Florian

Geoff Walden

Hear, hear!

Post by Geoff Walden » 09 Oct 2004, 14:00

I agree with Florian ... although these particular memorials are in a public cemetery, there are others that are not in such a location and could easily be defaced or destroyed. For myself, I would rather that the exact locations of memorials like these not be posted.

For the curious, these French Waffen-SS soldiers (some accounts say it was 11, others 12) had been in a hospital and had surrendered at the end of hostilities, but were stopped by Leclerc's soldiers on the way to a POW holding area. Leclerc was incensed when he learned these SS men were French, and he had them summarily executed. Their bodies lay on the spot for some days, until they were buried by American soldiers. They were exhumed some years after the war and reburied in the cemetery.

The photo shows Leclerc confronting these POWs.

Geoff Walden
Attachments
33ss17.jpg
33ss17.jpg (16.42 KiB) Viewed 5657 times

Bergmolch

Re: Hear, hear!

Post by Bergmolch » 09 Oct 2004, 18:42

Ok guys,edit done.
I understand you.

If somebody of you could tell me in PM where exactly is the place where they were killed and how to reach that(I got some videos about that:there could be a great Stell Iron Cross and the ex-SS use to gathering every 8 may..)

If you know some others nice places in germany to visit(Denkemal or something like that...)please let me know(I was in Wewelsburg,Arminio Denkemal,Barbarossa Denkemal,Exernsteine ecc.ecc.)

Respect to all.
T.

Timo

Post by Timo » 09 Oct 2004, 19:57

In that case Florian should edit the quote in his post too, or it makes no sense 8)

Sentire-Pensare-Volere

Post by Sentire-Pensare-Volere » 09 Oct 2004, 20:16

In a Landwehr book dedicated to the French Waffen SS, I've read that they we're executed because the infamous Leclerc asked one of those Fench volounter what he was doing in a German uniform. The SS man replied: "You look very smart in your American uniform, General" Leclerc condemned those 12 men to be shot for insolence.

Best regards. SENTIRE-PENSARE-VOLERE

KalaVelka

Post by KalaVelka » 09 Oct 2004, 20:45

The SS man replied: "You look very smart in your American uniform, General"
Had to say, I like that answer :wink:

Kasper

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 09 Oct 2004, 21:51

Sentire-Pensare-Volere wrote:In a Landwehr book dedicated to the French Waffen SS, I've read that they we're executed because the infamous Leclerc asked one of those Fench volounter what he was doing in a German uniform. The SS man replied: "You look very smart in your American uniform, General" Leclerc condemned those 12 men to be shot for insolence.

It's sadly the truth.
Infamity.

Igor Geiller

Re: SS-Charlemagne Denkmal

Post by Igor Geiller » 09 Oct 2004, 21:55

Drapeau Noir wrote:Some pics from the Waffen-SS Charlemagne Denkmal in Süd Bayern

08/05/1945

Sorry guys, I'm french and I disagree with you.
These 12 Waffen SS were traitors, because they choose to fight for the ennemy. And moreover they had sworn fidelity with Hitler. In France a lot of people suffered from german occupation, but the soldiers of LVF and Charlemagne prefered fight for the Third Reich. It is a shame for France !
And please, don't write that général Leclerc was a murderer. This man is a hero for French, because as of the summer 1940, he decided to continue the combat, in order to overcome nazism and release France. He choose the good way, contrary to the men of LVF and Charlemagne.
Maybe you admire the Waffen SS soldiers, but not me.

On the right, the famous "murderer" général Leclerc, in 1941 in Fezzan.
Last edited by Igor Geiller on 09 Oct 2004, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Timo

Post by Timo » 09 Oct 2004, 21:56

Why "the infamous" Leclerc? Is that only based on 12 POW's or is there more?

Sentire-Pensare-Volere

Post by Sentire-Pensare-Volere » 09 Oct 2004, 22:03

Timo wrote:Why "the infamous" Leclerc? Is that only based on 12 POW's or is there more?

Hi Timo, I think it's enough...... War was over that time.

Timo

Post by Timo » 09 Oct 2004, 22:07

Yes. Well, worse things happened in those days.

Doggowitz

Post by Doggowitz » 09 Oct 2004, 22:11

Well its no secret that many people admire the Waffen-SS for its skills and bravery, but its a fact that these men were traitors to their land.
They fought for the enemy of their people and traitors have nothing other to expect.

I dont say it was right what leclerc did but i can understand him and the anti-german feelings of the French. The answer of the SS-man outraged him and so it goes.

He was an honourable man, even more than de Gaulle IMO. Petain for example was a traitor.

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 09 Oct 2004, 22:15

Doggowitz wrote:Well its no secret that many people admire the Waffen-SS for its skills and bravery, but its a fact that these men were traitors to their land.
They fought for the enemy of their people and traitors have nothing other to expect.

I dont say it was right what leclerc was doing but i can understnad him and the anti-german feelings of the French. The answer of the SS-man outraged him and so it goes.

He was an honourable man, even more than de Gaulle IMO. Petain for example was a traitor.
If the SS were traitors cos'they dressed the germanic uniform the same think I could think of Declerc who was wearing the USA one....isn't??

I think that kill 12 wounded prisoniers people just cos'they were fighting with the other side could be called MURDER.

I can't admire a person like Declerc:what he did for me is the perfect opposite of the military honour and respect.

Stop.
Le temps passe le souvenir reste

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 09 Oct 2004, 22:19

Timo wrote:Yes. Well, worse things happened in those days.
ah,yeah,ok worse things could happens?? ok ok,do you think the same about the Shoah???Maybe Buchenwald Guardians were not really guilty cos' "worse things happened those days"...

what are talkin'about??
we talkin'about death people not about football....

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”