Jewish Hymn

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 17 Feb 2006, 23:54

An off-topic and unsourced opinion post from snookie was deleted pursuant to the warnings posted above.

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 06 Mar 2006, 18:33

Panzerfaust XxX wrote:So gentlemen what is Peiper? A hero? or a war criminal?
I think there are both Hitler and Mother Theresa inside of our psychology, in every one of us.

I'd like to tell you the story of a friend of mine who is now in prison. He was arrested by the police for a libel case two years ago. Because the policemen were of the same hometown with the accuser, my friend was severely tortured by them(These things often occur in this country). My friend fainted, and, when he regained his consciousness, he saw his torturer getting a phone call fron his young son.

Son: Daddy, when are you going home? I'm waiting for you.

Policeman: My loving son, I'm busy now, doing a work. Sorry. When I go home, I'll bring something delicious. I love you, my son.

My friend has a young son too. He was surpised to know the devil who is torturing him is also a human, not different from him. He wondered how a man with such a love for his family could torture him.

This was what my friend told me.

I think the same can be said of Peiper. Even though he was a war criminal, he could have been a son, a husband, a brother who was loved by his family. We can say the same thing for other notorious war criminals. Wasn't Goebbels a good, generous father to his children? Wasn't Hilter loved by his sister? Wasn't Stalin loved by his daughter? The same can be said of perpetrators of the Holocaust, and SS troops in Warsaw, and Japanese soldiers in Nanjing.

It is the social and political environment that leads these people to devilish atrocities, killing Mother Theresa and reviving Hitler inside of their psychology. That is human, I think.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”