Feldwebel Karl Brenner B.A 3.17

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
tallcharlie

Post by tallcharlie » 14 May 2006, 17:44

I am looking for information regarding this sergeant. I have a holster with this identification marked on it.

Brenner's name is the same as that of an SS Ogruf., but obviously they are not the same person.

I have found mention of a Obergefreiter Karl Brenner from the Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung 11, but do not know if this is the person I am seeking. He could have gotten promoted before being captured.

Anyhow, would anyone know what unit B.A 3.17 could be?

Thanks,
Joe

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 14 May 2006, 17:51

You may contact
Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)
Eichborndamm 179
13403 Berlin
Tel. 030-41904-0
Fax 030-41904-100
http://www.dd-wast.de/
[email protected]
The "Deutsche Dienststelle für die Benachrichtigung der nächsten Angehörigen von Gefallenen der ehemaligen deutschen Wehrmacht"
(German office for the notification of next-of-kin of members of the former German Wehrmacht who were killed in action)
is the successor of the "Wehrmachtsauskunftstelle für Kriegerverluste und Kriegsgefangene - WASt" (Wehrmacht information office for war losses and POWs).
Inquiries about individual POWs can be directed to this office. It must be noted that the files about allied POWs were confiscated by US and Soviet troops in 1945.
Nevertheless, the Deutsche Dienststelle still has some 1,500,000 files on foreign POWs in German custody. Inquiries can be submitted online by visiting the homepage of the Deutsche Dienststelle

D. Zinke

BTW: Welcome in the forum

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”