AHF Miniature Contest Number Two

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Daniel L

AHF Miniature Contest Number Two

Post by Daniel L » 16 Oct 2006, 00:10

Establishing a forum tradition, the Axis History Forum is happy to present the second forum miniature contest. The following themes have been chosen for the contest.

Armour - Wheeled armoured vehicles up to 1945
Figures - Sharpshooters and snipers 1939 - 1945
Dioramas - North Africa 1941 - 1943
Naval - Aircraft carriers up to 1945
Air - Fighters of World War I
Free - Civilian cars (including those in military use) 1939 - 1945

At the 9th of December all competitors will be asked to upload their contribution in a specific thread on the forum. A minimum of two and a maximum of ten photos per contribution is accepted. At the 7th of January the thread is closed for contributions and then a voting will decide the winners. The voting will end on the 12th of January.

The winners will be decided by a voting in which all forum members can participate. Not more than two contributions per member is allowed, both these contributions can however be to the same theme. All contributions must have been made by the contributor. Dragon 1/6 figures and miniatures of similar kind will not be accepted as contributions. All contributions have to be presented with a name and a short description. Air, Naval, Figure and Armour contribution can be presented in a diorama but the voters will be encouraged to not consider the diorama aspect when making their decisions. The forum staff can switch the class of a contribution if they consider it appropriate.

Photos, threads and so on about the competition can not be posted until the competition has ended.

First prize will be Type VII U-boats by Roger Chesneau (Chatham Publishing) donated by moderator Andy H. A huge thanks to Andy for his generosity!

Happy modelling dear friends!

Best regards/ Daniel and the rest of the forum staff
Last edited by Daniel L on 15 Dec 2006, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 20 Oct 2006, 13:05

The contest has been lengthened.

Best regards/ Daniel

loyd tuvilla

Post by loyd tuvilla » 18 Nov 2006, 17:09

Too bad. My diorama covers the eastern front.Therefore i'm not qualified to join the contest.

Jurrie

Post by Jurrie » 20 Nov 2006, 22:09

Better luck next time ;)

Greetz,

Jurrie

TISO

Post by TISO » 21 Nov 2006, 00:04

A couple of questions:

- Is scale prescribed or is by moddelers choice?
- Does model has to be a.) started at the beggining of the contest or b.) one can send pic's of already (by now) finished model?
- If answer to prewious question is a.) what is a proof or is this a question of honour?

I just got a sweet little model that i think would be a worthy subject (if i manage to finish it in time :) ) for category 1.

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 21 Nov 2006, 02:20

Hello! Scale is your own choice. Models made before or during contest are both welcome.

Best regards/ Daniel

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 12 Dec 2006, 14:51

A quick note. Any attempt to walk around contest rules will not be tolerated.

Best regards/ Daniel

Jurrie

Post by Jurrie » 12 Dec 2006, 15:06

D. Löwenhamn wrote:A quick note. Any attempt to walk around contest rules will not be tolerated.

Best regards/ Daniel
You are referring to me, I did not do anything illigal according to the contest rules. But of course I understand it, I just wanted to provide some background info but that will come later then.

Please change the rules for the next time then ;) :). It was not clear to me that it was not allowed. (FE: Only post max 10 images in the Contest topic, there can be no more images on the forum untill the contest is over...something like that)

Regards,

Jurrie

PS: Only 2 entries........we have more modellers here, come on :D

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 15 Dec 2006, 21:54

Please note this. Since only two entries have been made the competition has been lengthened to January. I hope the two members who have made entries understand this. If they want to, they may remove their entries and re-post them later.

Best regards/ Daniel

Jurrie

Post by Jurrie » 18 Dec 2006, 14:11

Just a quick note: have you got an indication if other members want to post or not? Maybe it's an idea (for the next time) to make a list, in advance, of people who want to join (and not just a poll ;)).

But I understand...of course!

And to the modellers: come on :D!

Regards,

Jurrie

Return to “Model building”