Italian tankman/tanker in Eastern Front?

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
Alex Yeliseenko

Italian tankman/tanker in Eastern Front?

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 17 Nov 2006, 20:52

Hi ALL!

I have thought, why can't I remember a single name of any Italian tankman/tanker, famous for fights on the Eastern Front? Those Italian resources, that I had read, are silent about them too. I do not believe, that Italian tankman/tankers did not get any awards. The people who attacked Soviet medium and heavy tanks on L3/L6/semoventi 47 could be named heroes! They had almost no chances to survive in such fights. Can anybody tell me about them? I am surprised, not to find any book on the subject.

Regards/

Alex. Winter Bearland.

pitman

Re: Italian tankman/tanker in Eastern Front?

Post by pitman » 26 Nov 2006, 20:13

Alex Yeliseenko wrote:Hi ALL!

I have thought, why can't I remember a single name of any Italian tankman/tanker, famous for fights on the Eastern Front? Those Italian resources, that I had read, are silent about them too. I do not believe, that Italian tankman/tankers did not get any awards. The people who attacked Soviet medium and heavy tanks on L3/L6/semoventi 47 could be named heroes! They had almost no chances to survive in such fights. Can anybody tell me about them? I am surprised, not to find any book on the subject.

Regards/

Alex. Winter Bearland.
One reason you might not find a book on the subject is that the Italians had very few AFVs on the Eastern Front.

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”