Schindler....after...

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
ziggy wiseman

Schindler....after...

Post by ziggy wiseman » 08 Apr 2002, 21:53

What happened to Oscar Schindler after the war?Was he arrested...?

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 08 Apr 2002, 22:22

According to the book some of the Jews he helped to save try to help him restart a business, of which all failed.

When the war ended, Schindler fled to Argentina with his wife and a handful of his workers and bought a farm. In 1958, he abandoned his land, his wife and his mistress to return to Germany. He spent the remaining years of his life dividing his time between Germany and Israel, where he was honored and taken care of by his “Schindlerjuden.”

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biogra ... ndler.html

He died in Hildesheim in 1974. And I think he was buried in Israel.

Scott Smith

Re: Schindler....after...

Post by Scott Smith » 08 Apr 2002, 22:31

ziggy wiseman wrote:What happened to Oscar Schindler after the war?Was he arrested...?
He was declared a Righteous Gentile and is honored in Israel today, although I cannot see why given his shady and opportunistic past. I haven't read the novel by Thomas Keneally.

I guess he saved some Jews and lost his fortune in the process, and in addition, like all good Germans in the Third Reich, he produced shoddy porcelain mess items for the soldiers and defective ammunition for the war-effort. In the Spielberg movie he wished that he had sold his golden party badge and thereby used to money to save one or two more Jews. Schindler's Jews really do go to Auschwitz-Birkenau to have a shower instead of being gassed, where they would have marched right past Kremas II and III on their way to the Sauna.

The book is available from Amazon to support this very site!

CLICK! Image

Below, gassing by steam...

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 09 Apr 2002, 11:10

Schindler's Jews really do go to Auschwitz-Birkenau to have a shower instead of being gassed, where they would have marched right past Kremas II and III on their way to the Sauna.
They also had real shower rooms at Auschwitz-Birkenau, for the inmates who had the dubious fortune of being taken into the camp instead of being killed right away.
One of the more incriminating documents to surface was an inventory of equipment installed in Corpse Cellar I of Crematorium III which listed “14 showers” and one “gas tight door” [gasdichte Tür]. Why would 14 showers be placed in a morgue which had a gas tight door? Recall from Chapter 5 that there was much eyewitness testimony about using phony showers to deceive victims who were about to be gassed.
Faurisson argued that early crematoriums had a room to wash corpses. However, he ignored the fact that Pressac had examined inventory drawings of Corpse Cellar I of Crematorium III which showed that none of its three water taps were connected to the “showers”, meaning that these “showers” were fake. Moreover, it is known from the completion document for Crematorium II – which was the twin of Crematorium III – that there were three washrooms on the ground floor, not the basement. Faurisson simply could not explain why a morgue would have showers and a “gas tight door”.
Pressac also examined the buildings in the camp which had legitimate showers. Based on the space allotted to showers in these buildings, the 2264 square feet of Corpse Cellar I should have had 115 showerheads, not 14. Pressac also examined the ruins of Corpse Cellar I of Crematorium II and found that seven wooden bases to which similar phony showerheads had been installed were still visible.
Source of quote:

John C. Zimmermann, Holocaust Denial, 2000 University Press of America, pages 196/197

Scott Smith

IT JUST DOESN'T WASH...

Post by Scott Smith » 09 Apr 2002, 14:41

medorjurgen wrote:
Schindler's Jews really do go to Auschwitz-Birkenau to have a shower instead of being gassed, where they would have marched right past Kremas II and III on their way to the Sauna.
They also had real shower rooms at Auschwitz-Birkenau...
They did? They had real shower rooms? Really?

With all those fake showerheads and bombproofed basements and fake Human
Soap...

Real showers! Can you prove that?
8O

And what about the ART? See...
:mrgreen:

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 09 Apr 2002, 15:07

Does the Reverend suffer from insomnia, or did he get up early to delight us with some more of his True Believer imbecility? :lol:

Scott Smith

YAWN...

Post by Scott Smith » 09 Apr 2002, 22:28

medorjurgen wrote:Does the Reverend suffer from insomnia, or did he get up early to delight us with some more of his True Believer imbecility? :lol:
Unlike some people, I don't have all day (most of the time) to post while I'm at work. And sometimes between fares I even get shoe polish on the keyboard. Yeeww...
:monkee:

But here's some more Holo-ART for you...

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 10 Apr 2002, 11:52

Unlike some people, I don't have all day (most of the time) to post while I'm at work.
Neither have I. I’m just one of those fellows who, unlike former US president Reagan, can walk and chew gum at the same time.
But here's some more Holo-ART for you...
The Reverend’s bisexual black sheep are more fun to look at.

Scott Smith

HOLOCAUSTIAN...

Post by Scott Smith » 10 Apr 2002, 14:28

medorjurgen wrote:++Unlike some people, I don't have all day (most of the time) to post while I'm at work.++

<<Neither have I. I’m just one of those fellows who, unlike former US president Reagan, can walk and chew gum at the same time.>>
Hard to believe, but I'll allow that some people put less thought into their work.
:P
++But here's some more Holo-ART for you...++

<<The Reverend’s bisexual black sheep are more fun to look at.>>
And no less Holocaustian.

The first one, btw, showed placards of all the schoolkids who have visited the Auschwitz NEXUS. It's a form of Groupthink, nothing more. I suppose the second one shows gaschambers soaring heavenward, and made of glass to show radiance instead of generating claustrophobia.

And here's yet-more Holo-ART...

(If a lone individual was producing all this crap it would be a sure-ticket for the booby-hatch. But Groupthink excuses a multitude of sins.)

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 10 Apr 2002, 17:20

Hard to believe, but I'll allow that some people put less thought into their work.
Poor Smith, he’s trying to insult me.
And no less Holocaustian.
Except for color and context, the animals are actually more reminiscent of the flock of True Believers that Reverend Smith appeals to.
The first one, btw, showed placards of all the schoolkids who have visited the Auschwitz NEXUS. It's a form of Groupthink, nothing more. I suppose the second one shows gaschambers soaring heavenward, and made of glass to show radiance instead of generating claustrophobia.
Mystification is nonsense, in my opinion. But even more so is making a big bloody fuss out of it.
And here's yet-more Holo-ART...

(If a lone individual was producing all this crap it would be a sure-ticket for the booby-hatch. But Groupthink excuses a multitude of sins.)
If the Reverend had ever been to a museum of modern art, he would know that the exhibit he is so indignant about actually ranks low on the scale of artistic lunacy. Could it be that the desecration of his holy symbol has disproportionately enhanced the Reverend's aesthetic sensibility?

ziggy wiseman

Post by ziggy wiseman » 10 Apr 2002, 22:59

"Neither have I. I’m just one of those fellows who, unlike former US president Reagan, can walk and chew gum at the same time. "
Was the one who couldn't walk and chew named Gerald Ford perhaps?

Scott Smith

President Ford

Post by Scott Smith » 10 Apr 2002, 23:09

ziggy wiseman wrote:"Neither have I. I’m just one of those fellows who, unlike former US president Reagan, can walk and chew gum at the same time. "
Roll over, Liberty!
:D

Scott Smith

HOLO-ART

Post by Scott Smith » 10 Apr 2002, 23:31

Roberto wrote:Poor Smith, he’s trying to insult me.
Not really, but you know that I don't have an attorney's appreciation for cut-and-paste.
:wink:
++And no less Holocaustian.++

<<Except for color and context, the animals are actually more reminiscent of the flock of True Believers that Reverend Smith appeals to.>>
Nice try, but no discussion on Groupthink would be complete without an illustration of skittish sheep, black sheep at that, and, oh, I wouldn't read too much more into it than that, ha ha. :D
++The first one, btw, showed placards of all the schoolkids who have visited the Auschwitz NEXUS. It's a form of Groupthink, nothing more. I suppose the second one shows gaschambers soaring heavenward, and made of glass to show radiance instead of generating claustrophobia.++

<<Mystification is nonsense, in my opinion. But even more so is making a big bloody fuss out of it.>>
I'm just making a point. It is classic Groupthink. The gaschamber symbolism is especially curious.
++And here's yet-more Holo-ART...

(If a lone individual was producing all this crap it would be a sure-ticket for the booby-hatch. But Groupthink excuses a multitude of sins.) ++

<<If the Reverend had ever been to a museum of modern art, he would know that the exhibit he is so indignant about actually ranks low on the scale of artistic lunacy. Could it be that the desecration of his holy symbol has disproportionately enhanced the Reverend's aesthetic sensibility?>>
Not quite. I'm willing to give Modern Art a chance. But I find the Holo-ART genre very curious. Don't become focused on any one exhibit.

Here's more suffer-ART, since you're being such a good sport...
:)

Dan

Post by Dan » 11 Apr 2002, 03:00

Some of them see themselves as the true Christ. That sickens me. I wont even get into the cut up people display and the positions on abortion that most of the people who enjoy that "art" hold. Can't they see inconsistancy?

Off topic, forget it.

michael mills

Simultaneous walking and gum-chewing

Post by michael mills » 11 Apr 2002, 04:19

"Neither have I. I’m just one of those fellows who, unlike former US president Reagan, can walk and chew gum at the same time. "
Yes. The deprecatory comment about Ford was made by President Johnson.

And what was quoted is the censored version. What Johnson actually said was that Ford could not FART and chew gum at the same time.

I am sure that Medorjurgen, like me and the the contributors to this forum, does not suffer from that disability.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”