KG "Krag" and KG "von Luck" in August 44

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Cyprek

KG "Krag" and KG "von Luck" in August 44

Post by Cyprek » 04 Aug 2007, 10:06

I'm doing research on fighting of the Polish Armored Division on 17th and 18th August. Both battlegroups mentioned above were the forces that division faced in those days.

Kampfgruppe "von Luck" according to J. C. Perrigault:

- Pz.Gr.Rgt. 125 (maybe somebody knows what was the kampfstarke of both battalions of that regiment at that time; my guess is some 150 men each battalion but it's just guess);
- Feld-Ersatz-Bataillon 200;
- Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 200;
- I. and II./Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 155.

Kampfgruppe "Krag" according to O. Weidinger:

- SS-StuG.Abt. 2;
- SS-Pz.Aufkl.Abt. 2;
- II./SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt. 4 "Der Führer".

Any additional info much appreciated.

Cyprek

Post by Cyprek » 04 Aug 2007, 12:08

2 officers and 22 other ranks form KG "von Luck" were taken prisoner in Norrey-en-Auge. One of the officers was a company commander who was shot in his arm while trying to knock out a Cromwell tank with a panzerfaust. It is highly probable that there were more prisoners from 21st Pz.Div. Member of the 3rd Squadron of the 10th Mounted Rifles Regiment recalls numerous prisoners being taken after passing Norrey-en-Auge. Von Luck in his book wrote that his battlegroup was pushed to Grandmesnil area.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”