Eisenhower refused the Waffen SS surrender in Austria

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Benoit Douville

Eisenhower refused the Waffen SS surrender in Austria

Post by Benoit Douville » 29 Dec 2002, 04:49

I just watch a documentary on the history channel and i was surprise to learn that Eisenhower refused the Waffen SS surrender to the Allies in Austria in 1945. We know that the Waffen SS wanted to surrender to the Western Allies instead of the Soviet Union. I would like to have more information about that.

The Desert Fox

Western allies have much to answer!

Post by The Desert Fox » 04 Jan 2003, 06:21

It dosnt surprise me at all. The Western allies have a lot to answer for on that front with the hand over of Pows to the hands of the Russians. The leading figher ace of ww2, Hartmann was one of many victims.

He and his squadron with a number of civilian support staff surrended to the americians but where handed over to the Russians. Here the women, wives, girlfriends and daughters where raped and murdered by their vengefull Russian captors. A day or so later these acts where stopped by the arrival of a more senior red army officer with morals who intervened. He had culprits shot! However the tradegy can be laid at the door of the Americians who turned them over. I read the tragic details of this in the book - "Figher aces of the Luftwaffee"

regards
The Desert Fox

Kampfgruppe Peiper
Banned

EISENHOWER

Post by Kampfgruppe Peiper » 04 Jan 2003, 09:13

YES IT'S TRUE. BUT REMEMBER EISENHOWER WAS NOT A WARRIOR. HE WAS A POLITICIAN LIKE COLON POWELL. BESIDES, HE KNEW HOW DANGEROUS THE SS WERE AND HE ALSO WAS AFRAID THE PATTON MIGHT JOIN FORCES AND ATTACK THE RUSSIANS WITH THESE FINE SS MEN.

EISENHOWER COULD NOT ALLOW THAT, AS HE WAS AN AGRARIAN AT HEART AND LIKED THE IDEA OF A COMMUNIST "COLD WAR" ENEMY.

REMEMBER IT WAS EISENHOWER WHO PLANNED THE BAY OF PIGS FIASCO, NOT KENNEDY.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 04 Jan 2003, 09:14

Was not up to Eisenhower, it was decided before the end of the war.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”