Gil Rodionov (Druzhina Brigade)

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Peter
Financial supporter

Gil Rodionov (Druzhina Brigade)

Post by Peter » 01 Aug 2012, 09:06

I understand that the senior officer of the Druzhina Brigade, who remained senior officer after its re-defection to the Red Army, was later killed in action against the Germans. I have recently heard that his previously unrecorded burial place was located in the 1990's and that he was buried in a "Parisans collective grave" in a war cemetery. Please can anybody advise.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Gil Rodionov (Druzhina Brigade)

Post by Dieter Zinke » 01 Aug 2012, 14:46

I wrote in the chapter "Schellenberg" of "Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei":
Im Mai 1942 war ein Sonder-Bataillon des SD aus etwa 500 russischen Freiwilligen unter dem ehemaligen Oberstleutnant der Roten Armee Władimir Władimirowitsch Gil-Rodionow (* 18.07.1906) dem HSSPF Russland-Mitte, Erich von dem Bach, im Raum Newel zum Partisanen-Einsatz zugeführt worden. (Quelle: Michaelis)

and

“Drushina“ wird neben Dirlewanger in Januar/Februar 1943 bei den Unternehmen “Erntefest I und II“ sowie “Hornung“ (unter Globocnik) eingesetzt. Unter von Gottberg sind sie in Mai/Juni 1943 beim Unternehmen “Cottbus“ im Einsatz. Die Gegner des stalinistischen Systems erleben nun bestialische Grausamkeiten auf deutscher Seite gegen Unschuldige sowie gegen Abtrünnige oder Erfolglose in ihren eigenen Reihen, die “sonderbehandelt“ werden. Das weicht ihre antisowjetische Haltung auf, wie es Schellenberg selbst auch Rodionow, mit dem er mehrfach spricht, unterstellt. So kommt es auf dem Rückmarsch nach Partisaneneinsatz in der Nähe von Glebokie am 18.08.1943 zur Meuterei, 90 Mann der SS-Begleitmannschaft werden ihrerseits von den Kollaborateuren niedergemacht, Oberst Gil-Rodionow und 400 Mann laufen über. Rodionow setzt sich nach Moskau ab, wo er von Stalin empfangen wird. (Durch die Verfolgung der Über-läufer verschiebt sich die dortige Verschleppung der Juden nach Lublin, da deren Befreiung befürchtet werden muss). Die heimgekehrten Ehemaligen der “Drushina“ bilden nun die 1. Antifaschistische Brigade, Mitte April 1944 werden Teile davon beim Unternehmen “Frühlingsfest“ (siehe von Gottberg, Band 1, und Kaminski, Band 2) eingeschlossen, 300 Mann, unter ihnen Rodionow, fallen. Die auf deutscher Seite verbliebenen Reste von 500 Mann bilden nach Auflösung des “Drushina“-Verbandes das 1. Garde-Bataillon der Russischen Befreiungsarmee ROA, eines Wlassow-Verbandes, unter Oberst Ivanow
(Quelle/source: Klaus Michael Mallmann, in: Wildt, Michael (Hrsg.): Nachrichtendienst, politische Elite und Mordeinheit. Der Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers SS. Hamburger Edition, Hamburg 2003;
Michaelis, Rolf: Russen in der Waffen-SS, Berlin 2002).

Dieter Z.

Semenov

Post by Semenov » 02 Aug 2012, 19:58

Peter wrote:I understand that the senior officer of the Druzhina Brigade, who remained senior officer after its re-defection to the Red Army, was later killed in action against the Germans. I have recently heard that his previously unrecorded burial place was located in the 1990's and that he was buried in a "Parisans collective grave" in a war cemetery. Please can anybody advise.
Gil-Roodionov was died of wounds 14/05/1944. he was burried in Nakol. In 1992 he was reburried in centre "Partisans collective grave" in Ushachi

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 03 Aug 2012, 08:11

Robert W. Stephan believed that V.V. Rodionov ("Gil" is a codename) is a NKVD/GRU agent, judging by the fact that Rodionov's re-defection back to Soviets were greeted with non-punishment by Stalin. Compare this with the treatment of Vlasov and members of the RONA.

The only other similar circumstances of which I knew of where Soviet troops who were recruited to fight for the Germans and then re-defected back to the Soviet and does not received any punishment for their service with the Germans was the Georgian battalion at Texel (this is due to the fact that the Canadians forces who liberated Texel and rescue the remaining surviving Georgians insisted to the Soviets that the Georgian Battalion are considered "Allies")

Semenov

Post by Semenov » 03 Aug 2012, 08:52

Panzermahn wrote:Robert W. Stephan believed that V.V. Rodionov ("Gil" is a codename) is a NKVD/GRU agent, judging by the fact that Rodionov's re-defection back to Soviets were greeted with non-punishment by Stalin.
he was usually traitor

my friends write book about him & his unit - http://reibert.info/forum/showpost.php? ... ostcount=1

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 03 Aug 2012, 11:04

thank you

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 03 Aug 2012, 18:15

Semenov wrote:
Panzermahn wrote:Robert W. Stephan believed that V.V. Rodionov ("Gil" is a codename) is a NKVD/GRU agent, judging by the fact that Rodionov's re-defection back to Soviets were greeted with non-punishment by Stalin.
he was usually traitor

my friends write book about him & his unit - http://reibert.info/forum/showpost.php? ... ostcount=1
Hello Semenov

Looks like an interesting book abour Druzhina SS Brigade. Any chance that it will get to be translated to English?

There are an untapped market for English translations of history books written by Russian historians. I believed since 2000, there are a lot books written about Russian involvement in anti-Soviet movement during WW2 in an impartial perspective. If I am not mistaken, there was some historical books written about the Lokot Republic which generated some kind of controversy in Russia.

Panzermahn

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”