Croatian Ustashi victims pictures

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Serbisches-Freiwilliger

Croatian Ustashi victims pictures

Post by Serbisches-Freiwilliger » 02 Apr 2003, 20:54

Hi, im new to this forum. I've read the posts for several months now, and have decided to join in. As i can see people here know little about the faith of the Serbian people during world war 2, its armies and such. Im here to get you familiar with Serbian history.
Here are a few ww2 pictures of killed Serbian civilians:

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 02 Apr 2003, 20:56

Welcome, but please take a look at the "Policy on Atrocity Photographs" thread at http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=15945
David Thompson wrote:Atrocity photographs are not specifically covered in the guidelines. The policy is, if the photos are "graphic," the contributor should post a link to the photographs, rather than the photographs themselves, so that the other viewers have a choice as to whether or not to take a look.
/Marcus

Serbisches-Freiwilliger

Ok...

Post by Serbisches-Freiwilliger » 02 Apr 2003, 21:04

Sorry, ill read the policy now. But i must say that you did not react when a simular post was on the site (reffering to the ustashi holding a severed Serbian head in hands).

Anyway, ma not here to spam, so i'll folow the rules.

Thanx...

Serbisches-Freiwilliger

i forgot...

Post by Serbisches-Freiwilliger » 02 Apr 2003, 21:06

Marcus

Re: Ok...

Post by Marcus » 02 Apr 2003, 21:07

Serbisches-Freiwilliger wrote:But i must say that you did not react when a simular post was on the site (reffering to the ustashi holding a severed Serbian head in hands).
It was either missed by me & David or it was before the above policy was enforced.

/Marcus

LuftStuka

Post by LuftStuka » 02 Apr 2003, 22:40

Those are some nasty picks of mutilation think you should remove them Marcus these are more appropriate for rotten.com not here!
8O

Also from what I read think Serbs did same thing eye for an eye thing

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 02 Apr 2003, 22:48

I just got back from lunch, saw the thread, read the post, viewed the photographs and deleted them because they did not comply with the guidelines. Serbisches-Freiwilliger, please feel free to post links to the photographs, with a description so that those who may be deeply disturbed by the photos know better than to clink on the link. The guidelines have been in effect from 8 Feb 2003. If anyone notices photos posted since that date which do not comply, please bring them to my attention immediately.

Benoit Douville

Post by Benoit Douville » 03 Apr 2003, 01:52

Welcome to the forum Serbisches-Freiwilliger.

Following the Nazi example, the Independent State of Croatia established extermination camps and perpetrated an atrocious genocide killing over 750.000 Serbs, Jews and Gypsies.

The ruthless attitude of the German occupation forces and the genocidal policy of the Croatian Ustasha regime generated a strong Serbian Resistance. The Serbs stood up against the Croatian genocidal government and the Nazi disintegration of Yugoslavia. Many joined the Partisan forces (National Liberation Army headed by Josib Broz Tito) in the liberation war and thus helped the Allied victory. By the end of 1944, with the help of the Red Army the Partisans liberated Serbia and by May 1945 the remaining Yugoslav territories, meeting up with the Allied forces in Hungary, Austria and Italy. Serbia and Yugoslavia were among the countries that had the greatest losses in the war: 1.700.000 (10.8% of the population) people were killed and national damages were estimated at 9.1 billion dollars according to the prices of that period.

Regards

LuftStuka

?

Post by LuftStuka » 03 Apr 2003, 11:30

This is what I read don’t know if 100% accurate. I believe that Serb Chetniks were Nazis too. Also I read that most partisans were Croatia form costal region that joined the partisans because the Croatian government at that time gave that region to Italians and they hated them so that why that they joined partisans. Also what my understanding is that Chetniks are Serb national nazis that went around and killed other people Muslims Croatians and so on and that they were hated by all even partisans. So when they would catch a chetnik they would chop him up him for revenge; it worked the other way too. Not an expert on Balkans during ww2 this is just what I read. If some one could shade a more light on it would be great!

Serbisches-Freiwilliger

you are wrong

Post by Serbisches-Freiwilliger » 03 Apr 2003, 13:16

Serb chetniks were not nazis. They did cooporate with the nazis in some anti-partisan actions however.
The so called Chetniks are in fact the Yugoslav Army in Fatherland and was recognised by the whole world during ww2 (Britan, France, America,...).

Here is a photo of a saved American airman by the members of the YAF (chetniks of the Ravna Gora, General Draza Mihailovic).

By the way, ustashi had no reason to chop a mans had but sadism. They killed civilians (700.000 killed in Croatia by Ustashi), so people went either to the chetniks or the partisans. Either way they fought the Ustashi to protect the people. If anyone had a reason for cutting heads it was the chetniks for the things that the ustashis did, but they didnt. It would be hellish.

Anyway, im preparing a report on the chetniks in a few weeks. First i'll introduce the Serbian Volonteer Corps, which i think this site has an interest in. Then in a few days after that i'll write something about the chetniks (YAF).
Attachments
Chet1.jpg
Rescued Airman Major Richard L. Felman with Chetnik Hat
Chet1.jpg (54.48 KiB) Viewed 9462 times

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Propaganda photos

Post by Michael Miller » 03 Apr 2003, 21:29

NDH horrors are fact, and hundreds of thousands were killed by the Ustashi.

But much of the material "documenting" the butchery of Pavelic, Artukovic, et al should be taken with a grain of salt. A lot of it is Titoist propaganda (Tito=the guy who was essentially responsible for the murder of 50,000+ Croats at Bleiburg). A number of the photos in the link posted appear to be retouched, particularly the one of two Ustashi (members of the youth branch, it appears) purportedly preparing to slash a Serbs throat and collect the blood in a bowl. The dagger in the hand of the boy at left and the bowl held by the one on the right do NOT appear genuine- and the lad at center who's about to "have his throat slashed" doesn't appear too out of sorts over the fact.

The picture of the "Ustashi" decapitating someone with an axe is one that was posted here recently- that's no Ustashi; he is clearly wearing the uniform of the Waffen-SS (in this case, one of the Karstwehr units).

Lots of material on Ustashi horrors to be found on the web, and I don't trust one-tenth of one-percent of it. Source is often the Serbian government, and look at how decently THEY treated people under their control from 1991 on!

Regards,
~ Mike Miller / ABR

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 03 Apr 2003, 22:36

Mike -- Thanks for the post. Your "grain of salt" advice in this area of study is well-taken -- that's been my experience as well.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Ustashi butchering Ustashi?

Post by Michael Miller » 04 Apr 2003, 00:59

Another interesting thing about the photo with this description:

"Ustashi cutting the throat of one of their Serbian Orthodox victims. Notice now a Ustashi holding a vessel to collect the first spurt of blood and thus prevent their uniforms from being blood stained. The brutal crime - one of many - took place near Cajnice in 1943."

The "Serbian Orthodox victim" pictured appears to wear the same uniform as those "cutting [his] throat"!!! Just appears that he isn't wearing his cap.

Regards,
~ Mike

Marcus

Re: i forgot...

Post by Marcus » 04 Apr 2003, 18:36

That site hardly seems to be an objective and reliable source, take the below pic from their frontpage for example:

/Marcus

Serbisches-Freiwilliger

Post by Serbisches-Freiwilliger » 04 Apr 2003, 18:50

"Tito=the guy who was essentially responsible for the murder of 50,000+ Croats at Bleiburg"

You have o be kidding me. Theres no way that 50.000 people were killed at bleiburg. Im not a Tito fan either but lets be real.

"Lots of material on Ustashi horrors to be found on the web, and I don't trust one-tenth of one-percent of it. Source is often the Serbian government, and look at how decently THEY treated people under their control from 1991 on! "

And how did they treat people? You look like a expert in this metter. Where do you get your information from cnn.com? or bbc com?
Since you can see throught these lies, how come you didnt see through theirs?

By the way, all of the pictures have sources from a book that a French man wrote. Guess you think that Serbian govermant payed him to lie as well.

As for the pictures, i guees you are some kind of a proffesional photographer. Too bad i cant post more pictures of lets say starved Serbian children or a stabbed woman, but, yes, they must be fake since Serbian govermant is so evil.

I mean people, the ustashi took photograph of a ustashi holding a head of man. Comparing to that this is nothing. If they took that picture what makes you think that they didnt take this?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”