famous nazi children

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Balrog

famous nazi children

Post by Balrog » 14 Apr 2003, 23:49

yes, i was wondering if there were any children of prominent nazis involved in politics or famous for other reasons, sports, film, etc. i saw an interview with one of martin borman's children, he was priest who had been tortured in africa and considered it as a kinf of penance for his father's war crimes(i don't agree with that idea myself). i read that magda's geobbels 1st son by her 1st husband(a quaudt) went on to own BMW. i was wondering if any other prominant nazi children are such high profile now.

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 15 Apr 2003, 00:40

Not a Nazi - I don't think Erwin Rommel ever joined the Nazi Party - but his son Manfred Rommel became Mayor of Stuttgart and held the post for about twenty years, retiring in 1996.

Neither of Heinrich Himmler's grandchildren speak of their lineage, but their mother, Gudrun, "...is an active participant in the group known as "Stille Helfe", an organization which takes care of veteran SS officers and has wide neo-nazi connections. Gudrun Burwitz is also a holocaust denier (!) and she very much idolizes the memory of her father." (quote from http://www.geocities.com/nordicfemale/p ... amily.html)

Albert Speer's son, also Albert, runs a successful architectural firm (http://www.as-p.de/content/1-start/index.php) but still finds it difficult to leave his father's shadow behind as this article shows:

http://hnn.us/comments/8583.html

Apart from that, former-Nazi's children tend to keep their heads down.

Cheers,

K.
--
Ken Cocker, London

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 15 Apr 2003, 02:06

dear ken, thank you for the information. nazi or wermacht, whatever, someone whose parents worked for the 3rd reich. i was unaware that rommels son had ever entered politics. i think manfred had been in the luftwaffe, on flack gun, or perhaps i wrong.

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 15 Apr 2003, 09:23

The book "My Father's Keeper: Children of Nazi Leaders--an Intimate History of Damage and Denial" by Stephan & Norbert Lebert (Little Brown & Co. 2001) contains more including Wolf-Rudiger Hess and Niklas Frank.

See:

http://www.twbookmark.com/books/45/0316 ... 13445.html

for quite an extensive excerpt.

Cheers,

K.

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 15 Apr 2003, 12:46

Two photos of Manfred Rommel, from: : http://www.joric.com/Conspiracy/ RommelM-boy.html

In Luftwaffe uniform, 1944:

As Mayor of Stuttgart:

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 15 Apr 2003, 15:54

great photos! was manfred on a flak gun?

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 15 Apr 2003, 16:03

which reminds me, i do remember reading something about speer' son getting a contract to design a new downtown area of bejing for the olmpic games. (the son is also an architect.)

Kokampf

Post by Kokampf » 15 Apr 2003, 17:10

joel pacheco wrote:which reminds me, i do remember reading something about speer' son getting a contract to design a new downtown area of bejing for the olmpic games. (the son is also an architect.)
And, it would seem, of similarly questionable moral character to his father, to undertake a major project for a totalitarian state which continues to operate the world's largest slave labour camp system and punish dissidents with a zeal which would have done the Führer proud. Perhaps this choice of architect is a sign that the Chinese leadership have a (black) sense of humour...

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 15 Apr 2003, 17:49

joel pacheco wrote:which reminds me, i do remember reading something about speer' son getting a contract to design a new downtown area of bejing for the olmpic games. (the son is also an architect.)
Yes, it's mentioned in the article I linked to in my first post. The decision is due this month.
Speer's architectural partnership has won many commissions in recent years, including a diplomatic quarter in Saudi Arabia, the parliament in Yemen and traffic systems in Nigeria. But the Beijing project would be the jewel in the crown. He insists that the plans for Germania that his father had are not what has driven him in re-drawing the map of Beijing.
http://hnn.us/comments/8583.html

K.

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 17 Apr 2003, 18:51

Hi!
The son of von Ribbentrop was SS-Hauptsturmführer Rudolf von Ribbentrop. Holder of the Ritterkreuz and the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold. He was a soldier among the brave warriors of the Leibstandarte SS "Adolf Hitler".

I hope this was something new for anyone here ;)

Best wishes

Florian

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 17 Apr 2003, 21:33

Florian wrote:Hi!
The son of von Ribbentrop was SS-Hauptsturmführer Rudolf von Ribbentrop. Holder of the Ritterkreuz and the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold. He was a soldier among the brave warriors of the Leibstandarte SS "Adolf Hitler".

I hope this was something new for anyone here ;)
Indeed! But what happened to him? Did he survive the war?

K.
--
Ken Cocker, Birmingham

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 17 Apr 2003, 21:40

yes, my thought too, whateve happened to ribbontrops son. by the way, ribbontropp married into campaign family,very wealthy, does the family still own the company? i know megele's family still owns megele farm equipment in bavaria. joeseph megele's son, the last i heard, changed his name to jankel and started designing toys for a germany company.

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 17 Apr 2003, 22:02

Hi!
I am sure that von Ribbentrop is still alive. A friend of mine wrote to him a while ago to receive a signed picture of him.
What is the company family called he mariied into? What does the company produce?

I own a book about nazi children and what they do / did after the end of the third Reich. I may look up some things if someone is interested.

It is called "Denn du trägst meinen Namen" (And you carry my (sur-) name)). I don't think that there exists an english translation. It features reports about children of Hess, Bormann, Himmler, Goering and I think some other guys as well.

What I am intrested in: does anyone know what the sons of SS-Oberstgruppenführer Sepp Dietrich do / did until now?

Best wishes from Germany

Florian

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 18 Apr 2003, 21:49

hello florian. yes, von ribbontrop married into a wealthy family that produced champagne. i don't remember which brand. the company was owned by his wife's family. yes, please , list some stories about the children, i would be interested to hear what they have been doing. goring's children and especially himmler's daughter. i understand she runs a retirement home for old waffen ss veterens, but what did she do for a job most of her life? who did she marry? what about hitler's relatives, the austrian branch, what are they doing now?

wenty

Post by wenty » 19 Apr 2003, 02:05

Yes, i also would like to hear some stories about Nazi Leaders Children, and what they have been up to since the war ended. Also (if possible) how to contact them- that would be great!! :D Cheers. :D

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”