"Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

"Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore

Post by Michael Miller » 10 Jun 2003, 06:22

Führerliste der Waffen-SS by John P. Moore
Revised and greatly expanded, May 2003 !!!

Führerliste der Waffen-SS is a book on CD representing over 20 years of research. It is 1,227 pages that highlight the careers of approximately 26,000 officers of the Waffen-SS and their fates. Much of the information was obtained from their actual personnel records contained on 907 rolls of microfilm in the author's possession, 40 Kriegstagbuchs and other wartime documents. A number of former Waffen-SS officers representing most specialties and divisions have reviewed this list for correctness and have also contributed substantial information. Text portions are in both English and German.

Führerliste has undergone a major revision in May 2003 and has been expanded from one CD to seven with the inclusion of 13,019 pages of the most important documents from 1,330 personnel files (Personalakten) from members of the Waffen-SS and Polizei who received high awards. These are the same documents that were previously maintained by the Berlin Document Center and are now available on microfilm from the US National Archives or on paper from the Bundesarchiv. To many of these files the author has added other unique documents or photos received from the individuals themselves. All of the original documents, many of which had damage from fire or water, have been digitally via Adobe PhotoShop and a Canon 8000F scanner. These documents are in JPEG graphic format.

For further information, click the following URL: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/JohnMoore.html

I have had the good fortune of seeing Mr. Moore's remarkable work, and give it the highest possible rating. No military research library should be without it.

Orders should be submitted to:

J.P. MOORE PUBLISHING
8463 SW Tygh Loop
Portland, OR 97062
U.S.A.
E-mail: [email protected]
Last edited by Michael Miller on 24 Feb 2006, 21:23, edited 3 times in total.

waffen

waffen ss

Post by waffen » 18 Sep 2003, 11:34

:D defininetly worth a look, thanks. 8)

Jérôme

Attention Waffen-SS Biographical Researchers...

Post by Jérôme » 04 Oct 2003, 21:13

Dear friends of the forum !
I'm a lucky man, last month I met John MOORE; and with a great pleasure I can speak of his 25-Years research.

If you are interested by a good Waffen-SS-Officers database please do like me, You won't regret your purchase.Here you have 26.000 Waffen-SS Officers in alphabetical order with additional documents for some of them.

As buyer of the Führerliste in CD, I consider it's the most comprehensive,
exhaustive, and useful work I ever known.

In the majority cases, this list provides complete identity , dates and places of bith/death, SS-number, previous military service and so more....

Regards

J.ROUILLE

Punk_Waffen

Post by Punk_Waffen » 16 Oct 2003, 18:32

Ill have to look into that thank you much!

Tom Houlihan

Post by Tom Houlihan » 21 Nov 2003, 02:00

I am going to have to get my set in pieces, but I have the first part already. The information on here is phenomenal!

If you plan on doing any research at all that includes Waffen-SS officers, this set is going to be mandatory!

Wewelsburg

Post by Wewelsburg » 15 Dec 2003, 21:14

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you that have this "Fuhrerliste der Waffen SS" Cd set can check and see if by chance my long lost SD Relative happens to be amongst those listed. My info is vague--But, you can't blame a guy for trying!!! Heres my story.... During my youth, my mother did some Geneology reasearch (Pre-internet era) about the family. Much of it was obtained from living family members memories and library reseach.
Of course, being that the family was very religious, they tended to highlight the good stuff, and downplay the bad;However, One story really stood out. I just asked my mom about it today, and she did not have her notes handy to give me all the details she knows, but, she is going to get back to me with full names ect...later. Anyway, the part we recalled was this...
My fathers mother (my Grandmother), was German. She and her Parents Family(s) Emigrated to the USA in 1891. Her father (my Great Grandfather) supposedly was a Cossack that came upon a Mass grave filled with chopped up humans and Horses, and decided it was time for a career change. Supposedly this is what inspired him to Emigrate to the USA. I also know that he did some time in the Navy. Supposedly he was also "Prussian" and the family listed Posen "Prussia" (now Poznan Poland) as departure city on the ship manifest but also had family connections to Danzig and Leipzig. I still haven't worked out how he was a Cossack (I think White Russian) AND a Prussian, although I do know that my Grandmother spoke primarily German and they thought of themselves as Germans. My Great Grand Father (The Cossack/Prussian) had a ridiculously long name (as aristocrats sometimes do). The abbreviated name was something like Micheal Otto Rudolf Fried(e)/Friedie/ Frede (some varations we found) The Family emigrated to the USA, But, Great Grand Father's step Brother (who I look like), went back to the Fatherland to join the "S.D". This caused a great family schism as the war clouds began to gather, and there are some very intense letters back and forth between the American side and S.D. side of the family. No one knows the S.D. brothers fate, and my aunt got really spooked when she first saw me thinking I was him!!!! She started speaking to me in German!!
My mother is going to try to get the full name of the S.D. brother; However, could any of you check your Fuhrerlistings and see, if there is by chance, an S.D. guy by the last name of Fried/Friede/Friedie/or Frede?? (particularly if they have any Cossack/Prussian/or Posen /Philidelphia connections)
Any info passed along would be greatly appreciated. Sorry my info is so vague, but, I should have more whenever my mother gets back to me.
Thanks!!!!

P.S. I now know the "S.D" guys first name was supposedly "August" Friede but, these guys often had long names and sometime used their middle names. He was actually in the SD or Sicherheitsdienst because my aunt said he wore the SD "Raute" and I think he was a blockleiter and some type of Polizei--I think SIPO. That narrows is down considerably because, according to this site there were only 3,000 people in the SD.
According to records my mother found. She claims they emigrated to the USA in 1891 when Auguste Friede was listed as 18 years old. This would make him approximately 67 years old in 1940. He made many trips to Philadelphia to work on his Ahnenpass (racial identity or family tree) for the nazis and recruit English speakers for the SD. My father was just a boy and he used to take him to the Philadelphia Navy yard. Since there were big signs that said "No cameras permitted" and my father was an accomplished artist, he would have my father (born in 1932) draw the ships!!! My father now believes he was helping him spy!!!
He would wear his SD Uniform around town and go to the American nazi party rallies in Weigelstown (York PA.) to recruit German Americans and once got drunk enough to brag about the Gleiwitz incident. My father stated that this caused big problems as Government Agents began following them around and their phones were tapped. He also was recalled to be repremanded after letting this "secret" out. I suspect this may be where the allies got the idea to check the phoney "Polish Invaders" for Thorazine. The last time he left, his boat had not yet docked back in Lisbon when Pearl Harbor was attacked. My fathers parents were both dead before I was born so there was little further contact with that side of the family, and to this day no one knows what became of August Friede/Friedie/Frede (spelling variations) of the SD. I suspect that because he had contacts in the USA and would have been capable of speaking German, Russian, Polish, and English, he was probably in Ausland S.D.?????
Last edited by Wewelsburg on 18 Jun 2005, 21:37, edited 4 times in total.

Ti.P

Post by Ti.P » 23 Jan 2004, 02:05

like Wewelsburg i too would be very appreciative if anyone could look up,

'Frisch' I know he was an SS officer in russia.(great grandfather of mine)

Thank you

Jérôme

Post by Jérôme » 23 Jan 2004, 12:04

'Frisch' I know he was an SS officer in russia.(great grandfather of mine)
Hi, Only one people called FRISCH in John MOORE's research :

Frisch, Geza
Ostuf. Born 06/02/1895
1./Art.Rgt.7 in 11.42
is he the good one?
Regards
ROUILLE

Ti.P

Post by Ti.P » 24 Jan 2004, 11:25

ROUILLE wrote:'Frisch' I know he was an SS officer in russia.(great grandfather of mine)
Hi, Only one people called FRISCH in John MOORE's research :

Frisch, Geza
Ostuf. Born 06/02/1895
1./Art.Rgt.7 in 11.42
is he the good one?
Regards
ROUILLE
no i dont think so, but thanks for the looking up the name (my grandpa said he was SS but maybe not, he was cavalry/scout i think not Art. and was deifnately an officer in charge off 200 men (not sure what rank that would be) maybe he was in the heer afterall i dont know now, i know he got on fairly well with teh french officers when they took teh village, so im pretty sure that he was a officer in russia)

hardi

Post by hardi » 29 Jan 2004, 18:35

Hi

I've just think about getting that CD - but could you tell me how many hungarian (volksdeutche and hungarian) SS officers are on that "plate"?

Cheers,
Janos

Cammin1

Post by Cammin1 » 01 Feb 2004, 23:23

:)
Last edited by Cammin1 on 14 Oct 2004, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

JW

CD's

Post by JW » 02 Feb 2004, 00:44

Forummembers,

To all of you researchers with main interest in Waffens-SS, you can't do without Johns Research. I just got them yesterday and I'm impressed.

It saves you years of research.
Regards JW

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 28 Feb 2004, 19:05

JW - Thanks for the favorable comments.

I am planning to add a Part 5 to my "Führerliste der Waffen-SS" publication. This will be 2 CDs and will contain only the files of non-German officers. Many people, mainly in Europe, have shown much interest in such officers during recent months. I am now about 40% complete with 284 Personalakten/files having been digitalized. These are mostly Belgians, Danes, Dutch, Estonians, Finns, French, Latvians, Norwegians, Swedes and Swiss. There will be quite af few original photos on these CDs. I would be thankful for anyone who has photos of such officers they can send me. (I am NOT seeking photos of Knights Cross or DKiG holders) This project should be completed within 3 months.

Part 4 is being increased from one CD to two with the inclusion of the Personalakten of 200+ additional Personalities. These are mostly battalion and regimental commanders who were not proposed for a Knights Cross or German Cross in Gold along with quite a few infamous men with the reports of investigation. This new version of Part 4 should be finished within 30 days.

Please send photos to [email protected]

Full credit will be given to thse providing assistance.

John Moore

Sean.E

Post by Sean.E » 22 Mar 2004, 09:23

Looking forward to it John!

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 22 May 2004, 19:05

Quite a few people have been asking about when these new disks will be available, so here is the current status. The new Part 5 for non-German/Austrian officers has grown larger than originally planned. I have digitized 4,527 pages from 742 Personalakten of men from 25 countries. I have received over 250 photos, mostly, original from various contributors. Only 2 disks were originally planned, but now there will be three disks since I want to include the files of most foreign officers rather than a representative sample. These are a more interesting group of people than many would imagine.

The second disk for Part 4 is also nearly complete and currently stands at 1,457 pages digitized from 162 files along with quite a few new photos.

I hope to have all of this completed and available by mid-July. My sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed documents and photos.

John

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”