I don't know, how good you know what happend in Slovenia during it's independence war in 1991.
I'll post some facts about it and if there is any interest I'll post some more.
The war started on 27.6.1991, when JLA
rmada - Yugoslav People's Army YPA) lounched attacks against TORS (Teritorialna obramba Republike Slovenije - Territorial Defence of Republick of Slovenia) and Slovenian Police (Milicija at that time). The primaraly goal was to secure boarder passes to Austria, Hungary and Italy. But the first shots were fired already a day before, on 26.6. at 14.30 at Divača. The fights stoped on 7.7.1991; because of this is this war known as Ten-Days war.
At begining of war TO had (on 26.6.1991) 15.707:
- 85 groups for interference,
- 92 groups for AT fight,
- 59 Detachments,
- 240 platoons,
- 150 Companies,
- 60 Detachments (like Abteilung) - Odred in Slovene.
- 39.000 pieces of Inf.weapons,
- 17.000.000 pieces of ammo for Inf. weapons,
- 1100 pieces of AT weapons with 2750 pieces of ammo for them,
- 200 support weapons,
- 100 AA rockets
- no armor, no aircrafts (planes or helicopters)
JLA had at that time 15.000 - 20.000 soldiers and CO, but in combat they used:
- 3 Armor-Btl. with 31 M-84 tanks, 10 AFV and 250 soldiers,
- 4 Armor Btl. with 31 T-55 tanks, 12 APC and 300 soldiers,
- 1 Mehanized Btl. (like Pz.Gren.) with 31 AFV and 450 soldiers,
- 1 Motorized Btl. with 700 soldiers,
- 1 Mountain Btl. with 600 soldiers,
- 1 mixed AT division (Divizion - a unit formed from 3-4 Bat.) with 24 Armored vehicles and 200 soldiers
- 1 fighter/bomb. Escadron with 12-15 planes (MIG-21, Galeb and Orel)
- 1 Hel. Escadron with 18-20 Helicopters
JLA claimed that TO had captured:
- 6.787 pieces of Inf. weapons,
- 87 Art. pieces,
- 124 AA pieces,
- 8 AFC,
- 31 tanks,
- 1 Ing. vehicle,
- 133 non-combat vehicles,
- 753 radios,
- 6.787 pieces for Anti nuclear/bio warfare,
- 144 dogs
- + equipment, food,...
If there is any interest, I'll post some more info.