James Bacque: "1 million POW's murdered by the US"

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Caldric

James Bacque: "1 million POW's murdered by the US"

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 09:43

Moulded wrote:The revisionist site that has that article(Journal of Historical Review)mentions another source as its reference...but nowhere is the 10,000 rape case figure even mentioned in that newspaper source.All that was verified was that three or so rear echelon Marines terrorised one hamlet and were subject to some rough justice by the villagers,death in fact.
Yeah that POS site also mentions the million POW's murdered by the United States. It is trash and they have no right to the word "historical".

Believe nothing there, for they are masters at 2 things, holocaust denial and US slandering.
Last edited by Marcus on 01 Dec 2013, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title changed from "One Million German POWs killed by US/UK?"

Luca

Post by Luca » 26 Jul 2003, 11:13

Dear Caldric,
i dont know nothing concern thenumber of pow's murdered by the usa but is appurate the around 1 millions german pow dead in england and usa captivity.
Best regards.
Luca

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 18:25

Luca wrote:Dear Caldric,
i dont know nothing concern thenumber of pow's murdered by the usa but is appurate the around 1 millions german pow dead in england and usa captivity.
Best regards.
Luca
That is nonsense, total and complete. James Bacque started that fairy tale with his horrible research methods and disregard for historical methodology. He believed anything anyone told him. He was long ago debunked with his 1 million dead theory. It was more like 5000 POW's.

Do a search on him here in the forum and see for yourself.

Ebusitanus

Post by Ebusitanus » 26 Jul 2003, 19:59

5000?...Now now Caldric, please do not let yourself get carried away with revisionist methodology. Even Roberto agreed that it was in the tens of thousands. Hell, my own grandfather was in one of those camps along the Rhine in 1945 and he saw thousands die.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 20:11

Ebusitanus wrote:5000?...Now now Caldric, please do not let yourself get carried away with revisionist methodology. Even Roberto agreed that it was in the tens of thousands. Hell, my own grandfather was in one of those camps along the Rhine in 1945 and he saw thousands die.
Yes 5000 according the German reports post WWII and investigation. Even tens of thousands is not even close to the outlandish accusation of 1 million. Most of those that died was due to shortage of food. I suggest you search the forum for more information on the subject, there is a long thread about it around here.

Ebusitanus

Post by Ebusitanus » 26 Jul 2003, 20:34

I did not say at any point anything about a million as I recall. But even when playing with "lowly figures" like thousands or tens of thousands that pale in the light of other millionaire figures I would like to point that tens of thousands are no joke either. 5000 is though a joke, a bad joke IMHO. And I know they starved to death, thanks for that.

KalaVelka

Post by KalaVelka » 26 Jul 2003, 20:57

Is it so hard to agree that also Allied did crimes?

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 21:03

Ebusitanus wrote:I did not say at any point anything about a million as I recall. But even when playing with "lowly figures" like thousands or tens of thousands that pale in the light of other millionaire figures I would like to point that tens of thousands are no joke either. 5000 is though a joke, a bad joke IMHO. And I know they starved to death, thanks for that.
Well I am not arguing it all over again. 1 million is worse then a joke it is stupid and ignorant for anyone to suggest such a number.

Luca

Post by Luca » 26 Jul 2003, 21:08

Thank You for Your frendly message.
Best Regards.
Luca

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 21:11

KalaVelka wrote:Is it so hard to agree that also Allied did crimes?

Are you asking yourself?

I think Ike may well have broken the law and comitted a crime by redisignating German POW's to non-POW. However 1 million is stupid and was created by a news reporter. As Ambrose stated, Bacque made us look at what should have been seen long ago, but by no means was he correct and is flawed in his investigation.

The POW's starved because there was no food, Ike had a choice, feed the population or feed the POW's. Is bad either way.

However if Germany did not assume it was better then everyone else and had some right to Europe over all other people there then there would be no issue to start with. They planted the crop that would destroy them, without German war there would be no shortage of food. The allies were merciful, much more then Nazi Germany ever was to anyone they invaded.

Two wrongs make a right more often then people want to hear.

Anyway I am going to a friends Cabin for the weekend so enjoy and look up the thread we are talking about nothing new.

Luca

Post by Luca » 26 Jul 2003, 21:11

"Most of those that died was due to shortage of food."
No source about the trials?
With respect
Luca

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 21:12

Luca wrote:Thank You for Your frendly message.
Best Regards.
Luca
Your welcome I suggest you read about things that do not always say what you want to hear.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 26 Jul 2003, 21:14

Luca wrote:"Most of those that died was due to shortage of food."
No source about the trials?
With respect
Luca

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopi ... ght=bacque

Here I searched for it for you, 17 pages have a look.

The fact is that in 1945 there was a worldwide shortage of food and that the transportation system in Europe was largely destroyed. Already on 14 February Eisenhower had called the attention of the Allied governments to the fact that he feared a severe shortage of food throughout Europe at the war's end. He even feared that there would be famine - and he had no food reserves to feed the Germans, the "displaced persons" and the Allied civilian population. He "urgently" requested immediate food supplies from Great Britain - this at a time when in Great Britain food was still rationed.
I translated the above from an article by German historian Rolf Steininger in: Wolfgang Benz et al, Legenden, Lügen, Vorurteile, 12th edition 2002 by dtv Munich, page 128.
Last edited by Caldric on 26 Jul 2003, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Luca

Post by Luca » 26 Jul 2003, 21:15

Thank You for Your no friendly message,
with respect
Luca

Luca

Post by Luca » 26 Jul 2003, 21:17

Jewish eat in war time?
Luca

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”