The Black March

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Larso

The Black March

Post by Larso » 26 Oct 2003, 11:53

I've done a search, probably not too effectively, and didn't find anything but I read a reference to a book by, I think, a 5th SS soldier called 'The Black March'.

Has anyone read it? Is it fiction or a legitimate memoir? What's it like?

ramon

re The Black March

Post by ramon » 26 Oct 2003, 22:05

The book is by Peter Neumann Please go to the ABE site and enter the title, The Black March. You will find several copies available. I read it many years ago and it is interesting. My understanding is that it was ghost written and not a true autobiographical work. It will give you some sense of the time and is worth the 5 USD it will cost to purchase.

Regards,

Ramon

genstab

Black March

Post by genstab » 09 Dec 2004, 19:38

It may be a true story, but it is certainly sensationalized and no accurate history with any kind of usable detail- something you'd expect a 20 year old SS man to write. What I found strange is that it appears in the Bibliography of Mitcham's "Hitler's Legions".

Best regards,
Genstab

Larso

Post by Larso » 13 Dec 2004, 14:36

Actually that's where I read about it and became curious. Given the above comments it sits strangely as a reference for a writer like Mitchum.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”