Partisanen-Jagd-Kommando

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
K.Kocjancic

Partisanen-Jagd-Kommando

Post by K.Kocjancic » 11 Nov 2003, 12:53

On the Felgrau's Jäger Units site is also meantioned an:
Partisanen-Jagd-Kommando
Was (were) there any such unit(s), with this name?

Regards,
Kocjo

Glynwed

Post by Glynwed » 11 Nov 2003, 13:23

YES, they exist. I have one book obouth these units operating in Protectorate Bohmen und Mahren. If you want know more obouth them, please, write your questions, and I try something find. The only I have in my head right now is, that they were SS-Jagdkommandos.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 11 Nov 2003, 14:08

Well, I don't know anything about them.

If you can write something about these units, I would really appriciated.

Regards,
Kocjo

Glynwed

Post by Glynwed » 11 Nov 2003, 14:30

Give me just some 2 days.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 11 Nov 2003, 14:32

Take all the time that you need! :D

Thanks again,
Kocjo

Glynwed

Post by Glynwed » 13 Nov 2003, 10:04

Jagdkommando – cca 30 man, they are engage on territory with mass presence of partisans, they were created from members of Schutzpolizei (20. and 21.SS-Polizei-Regiment in protectorate), members of Gerdarmerie, SD and Gestapo, but also from members of regular army (Heer, Luftwaffe) which operated against partisans in rear areas of their divisions.

Kompanie z.b.V. – cca 150 man, 4 sMg, 9 leMG, 12 MP, fully motorised, predominantly created from members of Schutzpolizei.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little history:

In May 1944 were from Kompanie z.b.V. in Moravská Ostrava and Holešov created Einsatzkommando Miethe (commander Hauptman des Schutzpolizei Paul Miethe, strength cca 250 man and 10 dog handlers), which consist 10 Jagdkommandos. In August 1944 was reinforced by additional Schutzpolizei Kompanie and were renamed Einsatzkommando I Ruhsam (commander SS-Sturmbannführer and Major des Schutzpolizei Rudolf Ruhsam), which consist 15 Jagdkommandos. They operated east from Olomouc alongside Slovak border.

In October 1944 were from 6.Komp. 21.SS-Polizei-Rgt. created Einsatzkommando II Burger (commander Hauptman des Schutzpolizei Burger, strength cca 280 man) which consist from 9 Jagdkommandos. They operated east from Brno alongside Slovak border. In April 1945 was Einsatzkommando move to East front against Soviet forces.

In September and October 1944 were from France move to Protectorate Bohmen an Mahren Z.b.V-Kommando 1 (commander SS-Obersturmbannführer B. Müller), Z.b.V-Kommando 9 (commander SS-Obersturmführer Hoffmann) (Kommando 1 and 9 were engaged in Russia too, they were created from members of Schutzpolizei) and Z.b.V-Kommando 24 (commander SS-Obersturmbannführer Euben, this one was created from members of Feldgerdarmerie). The strength of each Kommando were some 100 man equipped with MG and MP, motorised and with 10 dog handlers. These three Kommandos were under command SS-Obersturmbannführer B. Müller. They operated east from Olomouc. Z.b.V. Kommando 24 was cancelled in April 1945.

In December 1944 Z.b.V. Kommando 1 were send to Western front, and were replaced by Z.b.V. Kommando 31 (commander SS-Hauptsturmführer Hans Schrader, strength cca 100 man, the Kommando before operated in Serbia – Belgrade area) which consist from 6 Jagdkommandos. In May 1945 was captured to Soviets near Deutsche Brod (today Havlíèkùv Brod).

In December 1944 were created Jagdkommando der 540.Div. (commander Leutnant W. Tanzmeister) from members of 540.ID (General Windeck) to “support police in fight with bandits.”

In December 1944 were created Sonderkommando der Sicherheitspolizei Chrudim (commander SS-Obersturmführer Paul Feustel) which consist from 7 Jagdkommandos. They operated in are of Chrudim.

In January 1945 Z.b.V. Kommando 43 were arrive (commander SS-Sturmbannführer Werner Brandt, the Kommando before operated in Russia) which consist from 5 Jagdkommandos. They operated east from Brno.

In January 1945 Z.b.V. Kommando 28 were arrive (commander SS-Hauptsturmführer Herbert Kuka, the Kommando before operated in France, Russia, Romania and Hungary) which consist from 4 Jagdkommandos. They operated west from Olomouc.

In April 1945 Z.b.V. Kommando 27 were arrive from Slovakia (commander SS-Obersturmbannführer Karl Hermann Rabe, they make many murders in Slovakia) which consist from 5 Jagdkommandos. They operated east from Olomouc.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 13 Nov 2003, 12:39

Thanks! :) :D

Great info!

I have one more question (if I may :oops: ); are there any records of members of Partisanen-Jagd-Kommando being decorated with Bandenkampfabzeichen?

Thanks again,
Kocjo

Glynwed

Post by Glynwed » 14 Nov 2003, 11:38

Sorry, but don´t have any info abouth that :( .

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Nov 2003, 19:39

Glynwed wrote:Sorry, but don´t have any info abouth that :( .
Thanks anyway. You were more then helpfull! :D

Regards,
Kocjo

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Dec 2003, 23:39

Were these units formed/stationed just in Protectorate Bohmen und Mahren?

Regards,
Kocjo

freiwillige

Post by freiwillige » 20 Apr 2005, 15:58

Hello,

anyone else can provide more info on Schutzpolizei/Gendarmerie Jagdkommandos?

Thank you ind advance.

Ferran

freiwillige

Post by freiwillige » 28 Jun 2005, 17:45

Hello again.

I located additional info on "Polizei Jagd-Zugen" operating in Poland 1940-41: "Hitler's Police Battalions" of Edward Westermann (2005) contains very interesting data in Police operations in the East. In the chapter corresponding to Poland's operations, he describes the composition of Police Jagd-zugen and equipmten.

Regards,

Ferran.

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 29 Jun 2005, 15:44

On the Eastern Front, Jagdkommandos were mainly provisional units formed within existing regiments and divisions. The men assigned to them still belonged to their original units, so a Jagdkommando can best be thought of as special formation assigned to a special task (hunting down and killing partisans). In the KTB und Anlagen of Pz.AOK 3 Dec 41 - Mar 42, for example, there is frequent mention of Jagdkommandos 7, 10 and 11 operating in the Nevel - Velikiye Luki - Velizh area with 83. ID and 205. ID (LIX. AK). It's quite clear that these were formed within the divisions using their own resources. The size of each varied between a reinforced Zug (platoon) and a Kompanie.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”