Italian Generals

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
AJK

Italian Generals

Post by AJK » 20 Jun 2002, 18:48

I am currently researching the Generals of the Italian Army during the 1914 - 1945 period. There are a couple of websites that provide partial lists of Generals during WWI and during WWII, but the information they provide is limited.

Do any of the readers of this forum have access to Italian Army rank lists (Annuario Ufficiale delle Forze Armata) for any of the above-mentioned years? I am specifically looking for information on the officers of General rank.

Thanks in advance.

AJK

Post by AJK » 20 Jun 2002, 19:53

Oops! Sorry! I meant to post this to the Germany's Allies forum.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 20 Jun 2002, 20:00

This section is for discussions on Axis individuals, not only Germans so your post fits here too :-)

/Marcus

Steen Ammentorp

Italian Generals

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 22 Jun 2002, 09:10

Hi,

I don’t know whether you are familiar with my site The Generals of World War II, here you will info on a lot of the Italian WWII generals. But maybe it is one of the sites you were thinking of providing limited information.
Any how, I would like to know which other sites provides partial listings, both the WWI and WWII generals. Could you give me those?

I’m trying to get a hold of Annuario Ufficiale delle Forze Armata myself, so please let me know whether you are successful.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War II
Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War Two

AJK

Post by AJK » 25 Jun 2002, 19:13

Hi Steen!

I know your site very well (I supplied you with the detailed information on the Latvian Generals), and I think you have done a very good job of listing the WWII Generals. Certainly you are much more detailed and error-free than the listings (both WWI and WWII) provided at web.genealogie.free.fr which is the only other site that I am aware of that provides actual lists of Generals. However, I am now at the stage where I need more info about the pre-war Generals, and I suspect that only the Annuario will be able to help me. If I do get hold of copies, I will be happy to share them with you.

Best wishes

AJK

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 25 Jun 2002, 21:57

Hi AJK,

I should have figured out the initials :D (Glad to see you here) Inspired by your posting I at the moment using my inside channels to locate numbers of the Annuario Ufficiale delle Forze Armata in European libraries, where I might obtain some copies. However I have several questions, which I would like to ask you. Would you mind if I send you a mail at your private e-mail? It concerns both Latvian, Hungarian and now Italian generals.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War II
Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War Two

AJK

Post by AJK » 25 Jun 2002, 22:20

Hi Steen,

You're most welcome to e-mail me privately. I'll do my best to help with your questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

AJK

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”