A documentary (banned from) Slovenian TV

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Locke

A documentary (banned from) Slovenian TV

Post by Locke » 11 Jan 2004, 12:37

A documentary about civilian victims, killed by partisans during WWII was banned from Slovenian national TV. The documentary should be on programme on tuesday, 13 january at 20.00. It was withdrawn from TV because it is supposed to be too long. The documentary should be 50 min long, but the director made it 60 min long.
The director, Jože Možina, found 10 children of victims, who were never given a status of victims of WWII. He also found a partisan who knew about killings and even a partisan who was a liquidator. The director also found documents in archives, which were suposed to be destroyed.

The programme was already published in magazines and I wanted to watch this documentary. :x

Regards,
Polona
Last edited by Locke on 14 Jan 2004, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

K.Kocjancic

Re: A documentary banned from Slovenian TV

Post by K.Kocjancic » 11 Jan 2004, 12:43

Locke wrote:The programme was already published in magazines and I wanted to watch this documentary. :x
Same here!!! :x :x And they say that Communists are no longer on the power! :roll:

Locke

Post by Locke » 11 Jan 2004, 12:47

Yes, I fully agree with you :x
The documentary was shown to cooperators on wednesday, and on friday, it was banned. 8O

Regards,
Polona

Dan W.

Post by Dan W. » 11 Jan 2004, 17:03

I don't blame either of you for feeling that way. It sounds like censorship to me. I guess in the United States, with hundreds of channels available, someone would surely air that documentary.

Regards,
Dan

Locke

Post by Locke » 11 Jan 2004, 19:30

But the problem is, that the documentary was made for Slovenian national TV with their money. They agreed at first, and they had already put the announcement for the documentary in magazines. And four days before the documentary, they ban it.

I believe we will see this documentary some time later, when some people will calm down......

Regards,
Polona

Locke

Post by Locke » 13 Jan 2004, 21:11

I would like to apologize to TV SLO, because they are showing the documentary now, as planned.

I guess this was another affair on Kolodvorska 2-4 :x

Regards,
Polona

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 13 Jan 2004, 22:06

Locke wrote:I would like to apologize to TV SLO, because they are showing the documentary now, as planned.

I guess this was another affair on Kolodvorska 2-4 :x

Regards,
Polona
Just saw it!

Last scene was shocking! Bones coming out! 8O

I hope that now more people will see what also happend during WWII in Slovenia. :idea:

Partisans killed almost 4100 civilians during war (post-war killings is different topic), while "national traiters" (Domobranci) killed "just" about 750.

BTW. Thanks Polona for informing me by PM! :)

Regards,
Kocjo

Locke

Post by Locke » 13 Jan 2004, 23:06

Yes, in the last scene, the woman watched how the bones of her parents were dug out and there was still a cord tied around her mother's wrist. And the mother was pregnant!

And there was clearly stated in Kardelj's letters that there was a Civil war! (For all of those who assert there was no Civil war during WWII in Slovenia.)

Regards,
Polona

Roo Boy

Post by Roo Boy » 14 Jan 2004, 00:10

Hello Kocjo and Locke, Did any of you two record the the documentary on Slovenian TV? If so I would be willing to pay for the video tape to be sent to Australia and any other costs incurred. I have a lot of interest in this documentary as I believe there has never been anything like this released about partisan victims. I remember watching a video documentary about Blieburg a number of years ago. The video included interviews with death march survivors, Brittish soldiers who were witnesses to the atrocities and also civilians who survived or had family members killed. It is also interesting to note that Lord Tolstoy, who wrote a book on the Blieburg tragedy called "The minister and the massacres" was taken to court in the UK in the late 1980's for defamation in the book against an English Lord who was responsible for sending the people back to Yugoslavia and having knowing that they were going to be killed. At the defamation trial against Lord Tolstoy, most of the evidence that Lord Tolstoy had found in Brittish archives had disappeared or he no longer had access to. The result was that Lord Toldtoy was found guilty of defamation and ordered to pay costs. I am not sure whether he appealed the decision.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Jan 2004, 00:13

I didn't. :cry: Maybe Polona/Locke did?

Regards,
Kocjo

Octavianus

Post by Octavianus » 14 Jan 2004, 01:12

Ave amici,

What TV documentary??? Please tell me more.

By the way: Congratulations on winning the ski-jumping in Innsbruck. I was there. You have left many Austrians very "hurt". :wink:

Gratiam,

Octavianus

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Jan 2004, 08:39

Octavianus wrote:What TV documentary??? Please tell me more.
Because I know that you understand Slovene; I'm posting this:
DOSJE ZAMOLČANI – moč preživetja
Avtor: Jože Možina.
Dokumentarna oddaja o slovenskih žrtvah druge svetovne vojne, ki so zamolčane v vseh spravnih zakonih. To je zgodba o zatajenih žrtvah in njihovih potomcih, ki niso klonili pod udarci usode. To bo oddaja o prikritem poglavju slovenske medvojne zgodovine, ki s posledicami seže v današnji čas.
It was a show with family members (sons, dauthers,...), which family (or "just" father/mother/uncle) was killed by VOS during the war.

Regards,
Kocjo

John W

Post by John W » 14 Jan 2004, 08:51

Locke wrote:Yes, in the last scene, the woman watched how the bones of her parents were dug out and there was still a cord tied around her mother's wrist. And the mother was pregnant!
Just curious, how did they know this? :?

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Jan 2004, 08:53

John W wrote:
Locke wrote:Yes, in the last scene, the woman watched how the bones of her parents were dug out and there was still a cord tied around her mother's wrist. And the mother was pregnant!
Just curious, how did they know this? :?
What? Where to look or that the mother was pregnant?

John W

Post by John W » 14 Jan 2004, 09:01

I'm sorry, how did they find out that she was pregnant from the body?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”