Reinhard Heydrich's Family

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei.
Long-time forum member and moderator Phil Nix (1938 - 2013) generously shared his knowledge and the results of his impressive research with the forum, and this section has therefore been renamed in his honour.
Hosted by Andrey.
The Blond Beast

Reinhard Heydrich's Family

Postby The Blond Beast » 20 Jan 2004 02:55

What Happened to Reinhard Heydrich's Family after the war?

Max Williams

RH

Postby Max Williams » 20 Jan 2004 11:35

Read "Reinhard Heydrich - The Biography, volume 2, Enigma" by Max Williams, published by Ulric Publishing, 2003. ISBN 0 9537577 6 5.
Max

Matt Gibbs

Alternatively

Postby Matt Gibbs » 20 Jan 2004 23:22

Hello there;

Alternatively, apart from this excellent book try using the site search engine, there are many topics on Heydrich already on the boards with the answers to the question you have asked. The search is always worth a try first when looking for information. Also Google is a good bet when general types of information is required on popular subjects and I am always suprised how 'popular' Heydrich is..!

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Rich

Postby Rich » 08 Feb 2004 00:29

Lina Heydrich dropped out of sight fairly quickly after her husbands death. She removed the family from the public domain and removed her oldest son (Heider I think) from the Hitler Youth as she was worried about reprisals.

Klaus the younger son was killed in an accident (run over by a truck I believe in 1943) and Heider may have survived the Russian onslaught on Berlin. She lived with her family on the German island of Fehmarn (at the time a popular SS r&r location) where she set up a guest house where she stayed till she died in the late 70s.

Simon

Postby Simon » 08 Feb 2004 13:32

Some info about Reinhard Heydrich family:

Father: Bruno Heydrich

Reinhard Heydrich
Married to: Lina von Osten

Children:
Klaus, born 1933, Died in traffic accident 1943
Heider, born 1934
Silke, born 9.4.1939
Marte, born 1942

Siblings to Reinhard Heydrich:
Maria Heydrich
Heinz Heydrich

Max Williams

RH

Postby Max Williams » 08 Feb 2004 17:54

Rich wrote:Lina Heydrich dropped out of sight fairly quickly after her husbands death. She removed the family from the public domain and removed her oldest son (Heider I think) from the Hitler Youth as she was worried about reprisals.

Klaus the younger son was killed in an accident (run over by a truck I believe in 1943) and Heider may have survived the Russian onslaught on Berlin. She lived with her family on the German island of Fehmarn (at the time a popular SS r&r location) where she set up a guest house where she stayed till she died in the late 70s.

The elder of the two Heydrich boys, Klaus, was killed on his bicycle by a truck carrying the local football team back from a match in October 1943. At the end of the war, Lina gave her two eldest surviving children, Heider and Silke, to almost complete strangers and trusted them to return the children to Fehmarn. Surprisingly, they arrived safe and sound at their grandparents' home. Lina herself took the youngest daughter, Marte, across country to Fehmarn in a makeshift caravan, via the home of the divorced Frieda Wolff in Rottach. Post-war, Lina was declared a war criminal by the Czech courts and she fought in the German courts to obtain a widow's pension. She opened the family home in Fehmarn as a café and ran it with Marte. She extended the building into a hotel, which eventually burnt down in the late sixties. She then ran a boarding house on the island. Lina Heydrich died in 1985.
Max

von thoma

Re: Reinhard Heydrich's Family

Postby von thoma » 02 Aug 2010 17:46

Simon wrote:Marte, born 1942

50088277.jpg

Photo of the daughter of Heydrich,in 1962.

Photo: http://bpkgate.picturemaxx.com/index.php?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

In Treue fest

Re: Reinhard Heydrich's Family

Postby In Treue fest » 26 May 2012 02:21

@ Max Williams:

As far as I know there are two reports (a short report from June 4th, and a longer one from June 17th, 1942) on the autopsy done by Prof. Hamperl and Prof. Weyrich in your book.

In which archives are these autopsy reports to be found?

Are there any photos or facsimiles of the original German reports on the internet?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”