Stutthof soap industry

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
royal

Stutthof soap industry

Post by royal » 28 Jan 2004, 00:35

There have been many allegations that KL Stutthof supplied bodies that were taken to the Danzig Medical Academy's Anatomical Institute for the purpose of turning them into soap by Professor Rudolf Spanner. I have found alot of information saying that this was true, however, people also say that it was a lie and nothing but Allied propoganda. Is there anyone that can give me any hard facts either way?

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 28 Jan 2004, 00:58

> however, people also say that it was a lie and nothing but Allied propoganda. Is there anyone that can give me any hard facts either way?

These people might mean the myth of the Jewish soap at Auschwitz and elsewhere. The making soap out of (presumably, gentiles') bodies at Danzig is confirmed by at least three testimonies.

xcalibur

Re: Stutthof soap industry

Post by xcalibur » 28 Jan 2004, 01:11

royal wrote:There have been many allegations that KL Stutthof supplied bodies that were taken to the Danzig Medical Academy's Anatomical Institute for the purpose of turning them into soap by Professor Rudolf Spanner. I have found alot of information saying that this was true, however, people also say that it was a lie and nothing but Allied propoganda. Is there anyone that can give me any hard facts either way?

Use the search function here and type in "soap".

[/url]

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Jan 2004, 01:12

There was a thorough study in 1961 that Hans hasn't yet provided a translation for that refuted the allegations made primarily by Sigmonski Josephovich Mazur, who was interviewed in a Polish jail by the British after the war. This affidavit is online as USSR document number 197. And yes, the claim was German and Polish cadavers from Stuttof. Two British POWs also gave affidavits.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 28 Jan 2004, 01:18

> There was a thorough study in 1961

Could you provide more details, please?

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Jan 2004, 01:34

Sergey Romanov wrote:> There was a thorough study in 1961

Could you provide more details, please?
I asked Hans before for more details, but never got them. The subject's been hashed and rehashed here dozens of times, but I've noticed that German holocaust scholars tend not to believe the story, although some American and Slav scholars do. Nothing at all seems to have happened to Spanner which seems significant, and Mazur, the star witness, was described as a rather unsavory characture by the British interregators, who said that when speaking Polish, he rolled his "r"s. I've never been able to find out much more about him. I've often wondered about his ethnicity; he claimed his dad was in a concentration camp, and that the Germans promised him citizenship in 1944 for working for them.

Over here in the US, the story still going around is that Jews were made into soap, but as you know, they aren't mentioned in the relevent documents, USSR 196 (the soap making recipe) USSR 197, USSR exibit 383 (some white smeally stuff) and the Witton and Nealy affidavits which I believe Scott has put on the net here and at RODOH.

Regards

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 28 Jan 2004, 02:03

No details - no evidence ;] But since we have a clue, we should investigate further. If Hans reads this, perhaps he will consider telling details at RODOH? Or we can ask him there ;]

> Nothing at all seems to have happened to Spanner which seems significant

IMHO it's not significant. Making a soap out of dead bodies is not a crime.

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 28 Jan 2004, 02:05

No details - no evidence ;] But since we have a clue, we should investigate further. If Hans reads this, perhaps he will consider telling details at RODOH? Or we can ask him there ;]

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 28 Jan 2004, 02:05

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Jan 2004, 02:10

Actually it was, as least as I read the account of the British report. They made him seem something of a ghoul when they asked him rhetorically whether or not he knew it was illegal, and he answered in the negative.

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 28 Jan 2004, 02:12

Sergey Romanov wrote:
Here one could be prosecuted for "Abuse of a Corpse", a felony, at least in Pennsylvania.

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Jan 2004, 02:39

And normally I wouldn't have written so much, but I know Sergey from another board, and he is a scholar who is responsible for putting many Russian documents on the net in English, so I answered in more detail about a subject that has begun to be boring to the usual posters. Here's something more from a site that I wont link to because it's a revisionist site.
More recently, Jewish historian Walter Laqueur "denied established history" by acknowledging in his 1980 book, The Terrible Secret, that the human soap story has no basis in reality. Gitta Sereny, another Jewish historian, noted in her book Into That Darkness: "The universally accepted story that the corpses were used to make soap and fertilizer is finally refuted by the generally very reliable Ludwigsburg Central Authority for Investigation into Nazi Crimes."

Deborah Lipstadt, a professor of modern Jewish history, similarly "rewrote history" when she confirmed in 1981: "The fact is that the Nazis never used the bodies of Jews, or for that matter anyone else, for the production of soap."

In April 1990, professor Yehuda Bauer of Israel's Hebrew University, regarded as a leading Holocaust historian, as well as Shmuel Krakowski, archives director of Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust center, confirmed that the human soap story is not true.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 28 Jan 2004, 02:41

A search in this section of the forum, using the terms "human and soap" turned up discussions of this subject on 68 prior threads. Here are the threads with some of the most extensive discussions of the topic:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=32276
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=29963
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=24718
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=14260
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=6275
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=2670

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 28 Jan 2004, 12:23

> Ludwigsburg Central Authority for Investigation into Nazi Crimes."

Aha, that reminds me of something. The question about Erwin Schuele will be placed in another thread.

Lind

Soap from cadavers

Post by Lind » 28 Jan 2004, 23:04

In response to the preceeding posts, I have not found much evidence of soap being processed from the dead, however, I do know someone who was born in a resettlement camp directly after the camp liberations and she reported to me that her Father was a worker in Dachau who was a "skinner" - using dried skin to make lamp shades and various other items. I have no actual facts except for her report as told to her by her Father. It all is quite gruesome. :o

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”