Anne Frank diary

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Askold

Anne Frank diary

Post by Askold » 03 Feb 2004, 20:36

[Split from "Israel Demands Amsterdam Shut Down Anne Frank Exhibit!"]

On the topic - they re-published her diary as Ann's father did not submit all the pages. Apparenly he tore out some pages as they showed some lesbian tendencies! Can anyone veryfy this?

Janne K.
Location: Studying in Aberdeen, Scotland (Home is in Finland)

Post by Janne K. » 03 Feb 2004, 21:46

Askold wrote:On the topic - they re-published her diary as Ann's father did not submit all the pages. Apparenly he tore out some pages as they showed some lesbian tendencies! Can anyone veryfy this?
I've read the new edition. If my memory serves me right it was nothing unusual. Just normal for her age, when one is exploring ones sexuality. As I said her writings about sex related matters were not that extraordinary, just something that any young woman could write.

Janne

Luca

Post by Luca » 03 Feb 2004, 23:54

Probable off topic here.
Maybe better in the lounge
Luca

mars

Re: Anne Frank diary

Post by mars » 04 Feb 2004, 00:29

Askold wrote:[Split from "Israel Demands Amsterdam Shut Down Anne Frank Exhibit!"]

On the topic - they re-published her diary as Ann's father did not submit all the pages. Apparenly he tore out some pages as they showed some lesbian tendencies! Can anyone veryfy this?
Ann was certainly not a lesbian, since she fall in love with a boy whose family hided in the celler with her family, please show the least respect to a victim of Holocaust

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 04 Feb 2004, 01:24

mars wrote:
Askold wrote:[Split from "Israel Demands Amsterdam Shut Down Anne Frank Exhibit!"]

Ann was certainly not a lesbian, since she fall in love with a boy whose family hided in the celler with her family, please show the least respect to a victim of Holocaust
I was always given to understand that the pages edited by her father contained disparaging remarks about her parents' marriage and that sh didn't get on so well with her mother.

mars

Post by mars » 04 Feb 2004, 04:35

It was possible, but we should understand that every family have something they do not wan to share with public, and we shall respect their privacy

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 04 Feb 2004, 05:21

mars wrote:It was possible, but we should understand that every family have something they do not wan to share with public, and we shall respect their privacy
Yes, rather. It was not a criticism, just an observation in light of the somewhat more lurid reason given towards the beginning of the thread.

John W

Post by John W » 04 Feb 2004, 07:38

mars wrote:

please show the least respect to a victim of Holocaust
Hello mars:

While I agree with your request to 'respect a victim of the holocaust' I also feel that he (askold) was asking a question. Now, if we dispel the myth (like you so did), that is one less myth circulating! Isn't it worth that much? Yes, the question seems awkward, but even if Anne was a lesbian, so what? What exactly do you mean by "show respect for victim of holocaust"? Weren't homosexuals also victims of the holocaust?

That said, he (assuming it is a he :P) did ask a question and you answred the question, so all in all, one myth less :D

On with the debate :)

Panzermahn

Is anne frank's diary a literary hoax?

Post by Panzermahn » 04 Feb 2004, 09:03

Readers interested in the Diary are probably already aware of Ditlieb Felderer's Anne Frank's Diary: a Hoax (IHR, 1980), and perhaps have already learned that the West German Bundeskriminalamt, having been permitted by Otto Frank a brief examination, under significant handicaps, of the supposed original manuscript, in 1980 in the town hall of a Swiss village, reported back to the relevant West German court inter alia that certain supposedly original notations were made with a ball point pen that was not on the market until 1951
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v01/v01p323_Butz.html

What do you all know about the action highlighted in bold?

Anne Frank's diary a pseudo-hoax?

Can anyone help me on this when i came across this passage

Eden Zhang

Post by Eden Zhang » 04 Feb 2004, 09:57

original notations were made with a ball point pen that was not on the market until 1951
I just want to know how they figured that out. Sounds like something worthy of CSI or Law and Order.

Askold

Post by Askold » 04 Feb 2004, 17:38

Getting back to the issue (was Ann Frank a lesbian?) - I recently saw a modern TV series based on the book (unlike the old movie), they actualy play out her lesbian tendencies.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 04 Feb 2004, 22:53

Askold -- Is there supposed to be some connection between Ms. Frank's supposed "lesbian tendencies" and the subject area of this section of the forum -- the holocaust and war crimes?

alf

Post by alf » 04 Feb 2004, 23:37

What do you all know about the action highlighted in bold?

Anne Frank's diary a pseudo-hoax?

Can anyone help me on this when i came across this passage
I dont think the writer can be considered objective, he is a strident Holocaust denier and violently antisemtic, as is the entire article..
DR. ARTHUR R. BUTZ
VÉRITÉ HISTORIQUE OU VÉRITÉ POLITIQUE? by Serge Thion. 347pp, La Vieille Taupe, Paris, 1980. Distributed by Labyrinthe, 22 rue Rambuteau, 75003 Paris.
In October 1978 l'Express, a French weekly comparable to Newsweek, published an interview with Louis Darquier de Pellepoix, who had been commissioner for Jewish affairs in the Vichy Government during the German occupation, and who has lived in Spain since the war. Darquier's generally unrepentant attitude, plus his claim that the only creatures gassed at Auschwitz had been lice, set off an uproar with two foci, first, the allegedly outrageous, irresponsible and perhaps even illegal character of the act of publishing such an interview and, second, the regrettable fact that Darquier's Spanish exile made it impossible to "get" him.

Under such circumstances it was inevitable that the fury of the professionally enlightened would turn on Dr. Robert Faurisson for it was known, although almost forgotten, that he held similar views on the "gas chambers" and he was, moreover, situated on French soil and possibly "gettable." Thus against a background of shrieking publicists, a mob of thugs, mostly Jews posing as students, descended on the University of Lyon-2, where Faurisson is Associate Professor of French Literature (with a specialty in criticism of texts and documents), and on account of its disorders the University suspended Faurisson from his teaching duties.
As to the orginal post, I agree David, it has no place in the this section, Anne Franks sexual preferences whether real or imagined do not constitute a warcrime. I know young boys have a fascination with lesbianism, the Lounge would be a better place to indulge that..

Askold

Post by Askold » 04 Feb 2004, 23:44

David Thomson:

-- Is there supposed to be some connection between Ms. Frank's supposed "lesbian tendencies" and the subject area of this section of the forum -- the holocaust and war crimes?

- The connection is that Ann Frank was victum of the Holocaust. I asked the question without intention to offence anybody it was simply an interesting aspect of the Holocaust history that I wanted to lear more about.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 05 Feb 2004, 00:17

Askold -- Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked is that I'm trying to figure out whether the thread should stay here or be relocated to another section of the forum, like "Life In the Third Reich and the Occupied Territories."

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”