Reinhard Heydrich´s plan?

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Petterson

Reinhard Heydrich´s plan?

Post by Petterson » 23 Feb 2004, 11:16

:o Does anyone know about Reinhard Heydrich`s plans to establihs Czech units for Wehrmacht?

As far as I know that these kind of plans took a place just before the Heydrich died in 1942.

Max Williams

SS

Post by Max Williams » 23 Feb 2004, 11:31

Do you have a source for this please?
As far as I know, Heydrich had a meeting with Gottlob Berger just before he was assassinated at which they discussed many things. Although I have no information on recuitment of Czech citizens, it is quite possible that they discussed this.
It is common knowledge that the German authorities were not averse to accepting foreign volunteers, including Czechs, to fight for the Fatherland. As far as a master plan is concerned, Heydrich wished to Germanise suitable candidates from the population. From this, the natural progression was to fight for Germany.
Max

Petterson

Post by Petterson » 23 Feb 2004, 12:05

8) Well I have no proper source. I know about this Heydrich`s plan because someone did make notes with a pencil in some history book. That book was in University´s library.
That someone did claim in his notes that Heydrich´s death changed the course of war. Reinhard Heydrich was planning to mobilize all the Bohemia and Moravia. Including to establish Czech units.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 23 Feb 2004, 12:11

Petterson wrote:8) Well I have no proper source. I know about this Heydrich`s plan because someone did make notes with a pencil in some history book. That book was in University´s library.
That someone did claim in his notes that Heydrich´s death changed the course of war. Reinhard Heydrich was planning to mobilize all the Bohemia and Moravia. Including to establish Czech units.
I wouldn't take this too seriously. Heydrich was planning to leave the Protectorate when he was assassinated, as he considered his work in Böhmen Mähren complete.
Max

Petterson

Post by Petterson » 23 Feb 2004, 17:11

If Reinhard Heydrich was planning to leave the Protectorate what would have been his next duty?
Some sources claim that Heydrich was going to take a duty in occupation administration in France. As far as I can remember someone did claim the same thing in this forum for 2 years ago.

Petterson

Post by Petterson » 10 Mar 2005, 15:19

The next one might be What if -fiction. I could`t help thinking that if Germans had established Czechs units for their army those units would had possible adopted traditions and symbols from Czechs Legion. Adopting these symbols and traditions would had been of course propaganda trick because also the original Czechs Legion whought against Bolshevism in 1918-20.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 10 Mar 2005, 19:44

Heydrich intended to become "Protektor von Vichy-Frankreich" and "Chef der Zivilverwaltung" in Belgien-Nordfrankreich.

DZ

Petterson

Post by Petterson » 11 Mar 2005, 10:49

Dieter Zinke wrote:Heydrich intended to become "Protektor von Vichy-Frankreich" and "Chef der Zivilverwaltung" in Belgien-Nordfrankreich.

DZ
Well, Germans could have established "New Czechs Legion" even though Reinhard Heydrich was no longer present in Böhmen-Mähren.

Petterson

Post by Petterson » 21 Mar 2005, 08:34

When I was thinking possible ”New Czechs Legion” I invented one potential source of men for that unit. The source might have been this: Regierungstruppe (also known as Vládni Vojsko).
http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=77

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”