Treatment of women who had relations with Germans in Europe

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Panzermahn

Treatment of women who had relations with Germans in Europe

Post by Panzermahn » 01 Apr 2004, 12:21

Hi,

As you all know, after the war when Germany surrendered and much of the Europe has been liberated from the Nazi yoke, the trial begins for many Germans who were real and imagined war criminals and their collaborators...

We all know what happen to women who had relationships with Germans during the occupation of their respective countries..

While the treatment range from hummiliation to worse, public-invited rapes of these women, i believe no serious scholarly study has been conducted about the treatment of women who had relationships with Germans during occupied Europe

In France, women who had relationships with German were shaved off their hairs by the partisans/resistance and publicly humilliated where anyone can do anything to them..

In italy, those women were even treated worse, most were raped before being killed,...some were even brought to the public naked and the partisans raped them publicly

In Holland, Belgium, these women were shaved of their hair and forced out of town by the resistance forces without any subsistence or whatsoever..oftenly these women had young babies with them...

Would this treatment of women who were accused (some real and some imagined) by the resistance/partisan/guerilla forces of the respective countries in Europe which were once occupied by the Germans constituted a moral crime?

Thanks for any info...

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 01 Apr 2004, 12:50

what the hell is moral crime?

Kiesel

Post by Kiesel » 01 Apr 2004, 13:58

Compare with the treatment in Ravensbrück.

Of course, raping a woman is always a crime.

Best regards

fighting_scars

Post by fighting_scars » 01 Apr 2004, 15:01

Ok, you're going to get to your spectacular point when?

It seems you have real issues with Partisan, did one of them kick you grandfathers dog or somthing? No, no, knock over his pint in a pub? OH! I know what it was! The one who asked to use the toliet didn't flsuh properly did he? Savages :roll:

If these things happened (I, like most, are very sceptical when it comes to anything you post) they happened due to things called anger, revenge and patrotism. It's the stuff wars are made of.

Anyway, like to cite some sources? Or would that ruin the whole 'shocking' effect this post is meant to have?

fknorr
Banned

Post by fknorr » 01 Apr 2004, 16:02

I for one think that 90% of the treatment of so-called collaborators post war was horrendous.

Infact if you did not collaborate in one form or another (on a basic level), you'd have starved, been murdered, jailed, etc. Do not mistake this with the people who gave away military secrets for that I believe there is some punishment due...

But for the brave "heros" of the Maquis who shaved the heads of women (whose only crime was to fall in love with a man who fought under a different flag) and marched them down the street to be spit upon, I think they deserve a similar punishment or worse. I think at the end of the war there was a lot of "payback" that may or may not have been justified.

As stated before and I'll repeat again...if you gave military secrets to the enemy, turned in your brother/neighbor/whatever for some sort of payment (monetary or other) you deserved what you got.

robert knott

Post by robert knott » 01 Apr 2004, 16:39

Of course it's terrible to see such things happen to anyone, especially innocent children. But after just having experienced years of Nazi occupation, these people had an intense hatred for the Germans and even for anyone associated with them. Is it any wonder they felt this way? As with so many of these crimes which occurred spontaneously on a local basis by people whose emotions were running high... it has repeatedly been brought out... we weren't there; we can't begin know all the factors involved, and it would be wrong to judge too harshly, since we don't know how we would react under the same circumstances.

fknorr
Banned

Post by fknorr » 01 Apr 2004, 17:07

which "crimes of passion" are excusable then...?

F.N.

Post by F.N. » 01 Apr 2004, 18:13

Here in norway we just humiliated them, cut their hair short and were angry at them for 30 years.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 01 Apr 2004, 18:54

Panzermahn:

Do you ever do your own research?

Are there libraries in Indonesia?

You'll be surprised what you can uncover based on your own efforts.

Penn44

DrG

Re: Treatment of women who had relations with Germans in Eur

Post by DrG » 01 Apr 2004, 18:58

panzermahn wrote:In italy, those women were even treated worse, most were raped before being killed,...some were even brought to the public naked and the partisans raped them publicly.
Well, some Italian women suffered that fate, but the vast majority was "simply" shaved, beaten and humiliated, but not raped and/or killed.
(by the way, shaving of the hair happened also to the women who had relations with the Allied soldiers, but more rarely becase those women were protected by the Allies)

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 01 Apr 2004, 19:00

Oh, by the way, Panzermahn, what was the German punishment for a non-German to have sex with a German woman?

<watches while Panzermahn's attempted argument falls swiftly to the ground and explodes>

Penn44

Eistir

Post by Eistir » 01 Apr 2004, 19:44

Penn44:Oh, by the way, Panzermahn, what was the German punishment for a non-German to have sex with a German woman?
-------------------
Are you slow or something?I think in this topic people was talking about those womens who was in love of german soldiers and unhumane treatment which was followed later.Is it a crime to be in love?And no use to start blabber about Ravensbrück and what so ever.

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 01 Apr 2004, 20:17

Penn44 wrote:Panzermahn:

Do you ever do your own research?

Are there libraries in Indonesia?

You'll be surprised what you can uncover based on your own efforts.

Penn44

I fear that these threads have little to do with scholarly research and more to do with the personal titillation of the poster by this subject as this is the umpteenth one involving forcible sexual relations by one or more ethnic groups against others.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 01 Apr 2004, 20:21

Eistir wrote:Are you slow or something?I think in this topic people was talking about those womens who was in love of german soldiers and unhumane treatment which was followed later.Is it a crime to be in love?And no use to start blabber about Ravensbrück and what so ever.

Dear Eistir:

No, I am not slow. If you had correctly read my post, you would have known that I never mentioned Ravensbrück. During the war, there were millions of foreign male laborers and POWs that were barred by law or regulations from having "relations" with German women. For a Pole or a Russian, the punishment could be death. I'd rather have my hairclipped than hanged. I assume that the German women dropped their panties on account of love, but history has it that German men are notorious bad lovers so these German women may have simply seeking sexual satisfaction and not love.

Penn44

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 01 Apr 2004, 20:48

xcalibur wrote: I fear that these threads have little to do with scholarly research and more to do with the personal titillation of the poster by this subject as this is the umpteenth one involving forcible sexual relations by one or more ethnic groups against others.
Well, if the Moderators are going to allow these types of threads they should place them all in their own sticky, sort of like the Red Light District of the HWC forum. Such an action would also gives new meaning to the term, "sticky."

Penn44

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”