Feldfu.b radio transmitter

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Bjørn A.

Feldfu.b radio transmitter

Post by Bjørn A. » 13 Apr 2004, 02:03

Hello. I have a nice Feldfu.b backpack radio in my collection. I have had this radio since last december. When I bought it there was a lot of parts missing inside it. I have been working on the radio for some time now, as I
found the missing parts for it in Germany. The entire Low Frequenzy or the LF stage had been removed, as well as the zerhackerpatrone or the wechselgleichrichter. These parts I have all found, and connected inside the radio. The broken antenna has also been repaired - there was missing about 40 cm of the "whip" of the antenna, wich has been replaced now. I have found two original 2,4 Volt batteries (wich are still working when recharged) for the radio as well (these was also found in Germany). I got the feldfu back to "life" last wednesday, when I had fixed the last error (there was a short circuit in one of the capacitors.) I've also got a copy of the 1944 issue german workshop manual for this radio, with wiring diagrams etc. Now the Feldfu works beautifully. (both sender and reciever parts) I'm sure it has been somewhere between 45 and 55 years since the last time it was in operational condition, perhaps even more. The radio has 30 different channels wich are spread over aproximently 19,2 mHz. It sends and recieves from 90,57 to 109,75 mHz. This is by the way in the middle of ordinary FM radio broadcasts. To test the signals from the "sende" function, I only had to turn on the FM radio in my livingroom. I'll add a couple of pictures of the radio. The radio retains ALL original parts - there are no new components inside the electronics. None of the original parts has been exchanged with modern parts.
The first picture is of the Feldfu.b with it's little brother, the Kleinfunksprecher.d (more Info on The Kleinfunksprecher in this thread:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... nksprecher )
Best Regards
Bjørn A.
Attachments
Feldfu 52.jpg
Feldfu 52.jpg (170.75 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
feldfu53.jpg
Here's the Feldfu with it's little brother, the Kleinfunksprecher.
feldfu53.jpg (66.97 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Feldfu 46.JPG
Feldfu 46.JPG (38.49 KiB) Viewed 2594 times

Bjørn A.

Post by Bjørn A. » 13 Apr 2004, 02:39

Here's my new Funker corner in my collection room. the picture shows both my German field radios. The Feldfu.b radio has hooks to attach it to the Y-straps like a tornister backpack. Both radios are fully operational and rigged. all one have to do is to turn them on, to send and recieve. I use the battery carger of a mobile phone, to recharge the 2,4 Volt batteries for the Feldfu.b
I hope you like the pictures.
Best Regards
Bjørn A.
Attachments
Feldfu 55.jpg
Feldfu 55.jpg (63.16 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
feldfu 54.jpg
feldfu 54.jpg (55.43 KiB) Viewed 2583 times

James Tainton

Post by James Tainton » 13 Apr 2004, 04:18

Bjørn A.

Post by Bjørn A. » 13 Apr 2004, 06:30

Hi panzerboy. Yes, I have seen that collection. This must be one of the largest collections of German ww2 radio equippement in existence. This fellow have a stunning collection of radios. There are so many collectors of uniforms and field equippement, and most of them don't collect radios. I wonder why, because this was indeed a importaint part of their equippement. It seems like there are mostly spesialized collectors that have some background in amateur radio, that are somewhat interested in german radios.
Best Regards
Bjørn A.

James Tainton

Post by James Tainton » 14 Apr 2004, 04:40

Thanks- those are great and may prove useful to me... My intrest in the radios of Germany are related to my hobby of model building... that is Panzers- and I like to add good detail to them.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”