Maps of Italian Army operations?

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
FACH

Maps of Italian Army operations?

Post by FACH » 25 May 2004, 22:44

Hi to all, here I´m new :D

Hi, mi name is FACH (or Chilean Air Force, my country) and I am looking for maps of Italian Army operations in WWII, like the battle of Bir-El-Gobi, The second Italian offensive in Albania front, a map of Operazione C3 (Herkules for Germans), etc. For any other info, thanks a lot.

Hi from the country of Ivan Zamorano and Marcelo Salas :lol:

8) FACH 8)

DrG

Post by DrG » 26 May 2004, 02:35

I'm sorry but I've not maps of those operations (well, I should have a good map of Bir el Gobi somewhere.....but I don't remember where).
I can only provide you a general map of the ItalianGreek Campaign: http://www.lasecondaguerramondiale.it/i ... ciait9.jpg.
Certainly you'll find the most accurate maps in the official books about the Italian campaigns of WW2 published by the USSME: http://www.litos.it/esercito_italiano/seconda.html (Mario Montanari, "L’Esercito Italiano nella campagna di Grecia" for Greece and Mario Montanari, "Le operazioni in Africa Settentrionale: Vol. II - Tobruk" for Bir el Gobi). Maybe other Italian members of the forum have those books or good maps.

FACH

Thanks, but...

Post by FACH » 06 Jun 2004, 03:03

First of all, sorry for the delay, Drg, but my lawyer´s work doesn´t give it to me too much time :( . About the map, unfortunately I have it a time ago....but thanks anyway. I think a link with maps of Italian operations in IIWW is very necesary, so that could show the Italian´s military battles in the war....info that many people in the web (specially British and U.S.) doesn´t know.

If you could find it the map of Gobi, it could be great, but if you dont...no problem! :)

It could be great if I could make contact with you off board. My mail is [email protected]

Thanks,

:wink: FACH :wink:

attilio

Map of Bir El gobi

Post by attilio » 12 Jun 2004, 19:52

I have many books on italian Army in WWII (also the 4 books of Montanari) but no map about the battle of Bir El Gobi I have found on it.

Best regards

Attilio

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 15 Jun 2004, 03:22

I'm not sure that Iron Hearts-Steel Hulls doesn't have something on this engagement, but I'm away from at present so I cant check

Andy H

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”