Joachim Chan's examples (Netherlands 1940-45)

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Timo

Joachim Chan's examples (Netherlands 1940-45)

Post by Timo » 05 Jul 2004, 16:40

sub-section of the following discussion...

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=75

A thread dedicated to the examples Joachim Chan aka Panzermahn will provide of "bolshevik and communist epuration" in wartime Holland.

xcalibur

Re: Joachim Chan's examples (Netherlands 1940-45)

Post by xcalibur » 05 Jul 2004, 17:10

Timo Worst wrote:sub-section of the following discussion...

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=75

A thread dedicated to the examples Joachim Chan aka Panzermahn will provide of "bolshevik and communist epuration" in wartime Holland.
"Epuration"?

Timo

Post by Timo » 05 Jul 2004, 17:24

No clue what it means, those are his words. I am sure he can provide examples of "epurations"

Andreas

Post by Andreas » 05 Jul 2004, 17:27

It's a French word, meaning 'purge' in the political context, according to http://dictionary.cambridge.org

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 05 Jul 2004, 17:28

Timo Worst wrote:No clue what it means, those are his words. I am sure he can provide examples of "epurations"
I actually gave him the "benefit of doubt" and tried the dictionary.... alas. no such word :roll:

Not only will this book revolutionise the way we think about war crimes, it's also gonna revolutionise the English language 8O

asgatalopt

Post by asgatalopt » 05 Jul 2004, 18:07

http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/Epuration

Yes, it is french and italian (epurazione).

It means purification.

English translaton = purge (politically speaking, I mean ...)

Timo

Post by Timo » 05 Jul 2004, 18:10

Aha, so it should read "bolshivik and communist purges" in The Netherlands. I am getting more and more curious about these purges.

Dan

Post by Dan » 05 Jul 2004, 18:11

I think he meant eruptions, as in disturbances, manifestations of commie bad behavior, etc..

asgatalopt

Post by asgatalopt » 05 Jul 2004, 18:12

See also this link

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/~os0tmc/occ ... ndrome.htm

Evaluate its seriousness yourself, I just published it for your convenience.

Main pages on epuration are in french or italian.

To quote them seems taboo so I leave them to your googling as well as to your linguistic skills.

I know nothing of the Netherlands, but in Italy and France they were quite serious.

As for the polish and russian revenge policies, they are well known, I think.

Anyway the attiude of the dutch pople towards life seems to be a little in contrast with an italian - frech style purge.
Last edited by asgatalopt on 05 Jul 2004, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Timo

Post by Timo » 05 Jul 2004, 18:14

Yes, but what does that have to do with The Netherlands?

asgatalopt

Post by asgatalopt » 05 Jul 2004, 18:18

It has nothing to do with Netherland, obviously, I was just tryng to offer documents about the epuration phenomenon, as for the etherland it is up to the man who raised the question to substantiate it.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 05 Jul 2004, 21:02

Let's get back on topic.

simsalabim

Post by simsalabim » 06 Jul 2004, 09:45

Timo Worst wrote:Aha, so it should read "bolshivik and communist purges" in The Netherlands. I am getting more and more curious about these purges.
Ok, we came this far. It's still not quite clear to me what is meant by this statement.

The statement either assumes a "bolshevik and communist" take-over of power, which in my humble opinion didn't take place or a violent power struggle bewteen "bolshevik and communist" forces and others, which didn't take place either, as the dutch communist party (IIRC then called CPH, later changed to CPN) chose a democratic approach and took part in the first post-war elections.

The statement could also mean that there were (violent) purges and they were (secretly or open) led by "bolsheviks or communists". Extensive historical and sociological research has however shown that the post-war attitude was more of a 'let's get back to normal (our pre-war) life'-attitude.

Collaborators, especially those well known and 'open collaborators' , like NSB and SS-leaders, NSB-majors, military volonteers etc were rounded up, arrested and in some cases abused, but to a far lesser extent than in other countries.

As the rebuilding of the nation had top-priority, punishments became lower and as the cold war approached reached a virtual stand-stil. There's an interesting book about this subject, freely translated as 'In stead of pay-day'.l

(In plaats van Bijltjesdag, de geschiedenis van de bijzondere rechtspleging na de Tweede Wereldoorlog, door A.D. Belinfante (Assen, Van Gorcum, 1978).

From a linguistic point of view the statement could also mean that there was a (violent) purge within the "bolsheviks and communists". Bolsheviks were hardly present in the Netherlands at all. The CPN did gain some electional successes directly after the war but dropped in popularity after that. Probably within the party there were 'purges ', but they were never violent.

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 11 Jul 2004, 06:30

Hi Timo and fellow members,

sorry for late reply as i'm nowadays i find lesser time to check in here because of my book with Ostuf Charlemagne and also not forgetting that i'm a final year student and had to complete my thesis within 2 semesters

Back to serious stuff, yes, many of you have not heard about epuration in countries like Belgium and Holland..According to what Kameraden Ostuf Charlemagne said to me, we are going received materials from the VHO regarding the small scale epuration in Belgium and Holland...If you are interested please buy our book... :D

By the way, it really excites my knowledge to collaborate with such an esteemed man like kameraden Ostuf Charlemagne..Through him, i would have never realised that i have been in touch with veterans organization and even veterans themselves like Walloons, VHO, UNCRSI, ex-Falangists and Azul members...and many more...One day i hope i'll able to meet them but it 'll be too late as most of them will go to Valhalla...if i ever go to Europe, i knew i had many connections already that will assist me...

B

[tasteless "joke" about murdering those with a different ideology was removed]

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 11 Jul 2004, 11:44

Joachim Chan wrote:Back to serious stuff, yes, many of you have not heard about epuration in countries like Belgium and Holland..According to what Kameraden Ostuf Charlemagne said to me, we are going received materials from the VHO regarding the small scale epuration in Belgium and Holland...If you are interested please buy our book... :D
So the sort answer is that you have no facts to back up your claim?

/Marcus

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”