Zapfenstreich wrote:Mich-Thank you for your very informative response.
mulisch-I'd like to know the following things:
1. What was Edda's background and her family upbringing like before she married Bormann?
2. Did Bormann abandon her and the children and try to save his own skin?
3. Where did she go and how did she get there after the fall of the 3rd Reich?
4. How was she treated by the Allies after they captured her?
5. How were the children treated and where are they now?
1) She was the daughter of Reichleiter Walter Buch, an Alter Kampfer from the NSDAP since 1922 or 1923, close friend of Hitler, he was one of the first 12 nazis who gain the entry in the Rechstag. He was the Leader of the Highest Party Tribunal of the NSDAP. Then, his family was considerated with privilegy. It was commun in Germany the commentary about the convenience of the marriage to Martin Bormann in the first years of the regime.
2) No. He died in the intent of escape from Berlin to rescue his family and take a new position in the Donitz´s new Reich. Instead his lover, Martin took care of his family all time.
3) She went to Italy where she was captured by americans, she died a few months after by cancer.
4) Bad of course. The allied believed that Martin was live and hidden under her skirt.
5) sorry I don´t know.