Deniers -- Don't ask, don't tell

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Germania

Post by Germania » 24 Jul 2004, 16:35

Some statements here are not acceptable why should an denier write anything here ? I thought it is forbidden?! And now you wonder why any denier say anything because his posts will be deleted!? I don´t think that deniers have no answer on this but why should they post this here? Start thinking and not " haha they can´t deal with the truth because they say nothing". I think if holocaust denail is forbidden then nobody should look for an discussion to bring any member here in this position!

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 24 Jul 2004, 17:08

Germania -- You asked:
Some statements here are not acceptable why should an denier write anything here ?
Why indeed, if they were honest and forthright? But truth is stranger than fiction -- many deniers enjoy a dishonest masquerade, and post in this section of the forum all the time.

Germania

Post by Germania » 27 Jul 2004, 20:24

I think we missunderstand. For me this statements mean " Deniers post here" but if holocaust denail is forbidden why heat up deniers to post? That anybody can close an tread or delete an message? I think it will be good when we don´t have this flame wars and we must not provokate a new on. And your statement truth is stranger than fiction can always be used by an denier it is only an point of view! 8)

Enkpitt

Post by Enkpitt » 28 Jul 2004, 01:45

This guy keeps on saying "I don't know" "I do not know". Thats a nice testimony. "in my opinion, yes" nobody asked for your opinion buddy. This guy doesn't know for how long the jews were exterminated, for all we know the nazi only killed some and then stoped.
Last edited by Enkpitt on 29 Jul 2004, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Germania

Post by Germania » 28 Jul 2004, 17:32

I although found here nobody who asked for your opinion! But thats an dicussion board and so nobody must ask for an opinion everybody can tell! :wink:

Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 28 Jul 2004, 20:40

for all we know the nazi only killed some and then stoped.
And what would that change? It would have been ok if the Nazis had "only killed some"?? I can't understand your logic there, what do exact numbers matter, it was murder whether it was 11 or 1,100 or 11,000,000.

Klaus Yurk

Post by Klaus Yurk » 28 Jul 2004, 21:13

Mr. Schmidt is right...murder is murder. The exact number is to some degree irrelevent.

One of the interesting thing about the Holocaust is the the Nazi's in charge did not even attempt to condone it with some sort of legalese type reason. As opposed to say, when Stalin butchered his people, he at least "charged" them with crimes against the State, or being reactionary, or something. Even trumped up. The Nazis didn't even do that. They just killed.

Klaus

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 28 Jul 2004, 23:52

Klaus Yurk wrote:Mr. Schmidt is right...murder is murder. The exact number is to some degree irrelevent.

One of the interesting thing about the Holocaust is the the Nazi's in charge did not even attempt to condone it with some sort of legalese type reason. As opposed to say, when Stalin butchered his people, he at least "charged" them with crimes against the State, or being reactionary, or something. Even trumped up. The Nazis didn't even do that. They just killed.

Klaus
I'm not sure this is quite correct as at least several of them testified to the fact that they were following a "Fuhrer Order" which seemed to them to be legally compelling at the very least inso far as their oath to Hitler's person was concerned.

On second thought, perhaps I should leave this question to my juridical betters to sort out. :|

Enkpitt

Post by Enkpitt » 29 Jul 2004, 01:32

Numbers always matter in war. Thats why israel was founded in the first place, because of numbers. We wouldn't have all the holocaust memorials if only 100 or 1000 jews died. And it wouldn't be called a holocaust if only 1100 died.

Klaus Yurk

Post by Klaus Yurk » 29 Jul 2004, 14:57

Enkpitt,

You're of course right in that numbers do matter to some extent. But I guess what I was trying to say is that once you cross over several millions, then it is a terrible crime... whether it is 4 million or 6 million. It is almost a thing where it is so horrible that it cannot get worse. After that it becomes almost just a horrendous numbers game. (Is the person who kills "only" 1 million a "nicer" guy than the person that kills 6 million? Not to me!) How about 6 million as opposed to 20 million? You see what I mean?

Xcalibur,

Yes, some of the people lower in the chain of command used the "following orders" excuse, but the whole "final solution" did not even try to use any sort of legal rationale. They didn't even try to say that these people had committed some sort of crime or infraction. For most of these people, their only crime was being Jewish, Gypsy, Homosexuals, etc, etc. That is different than how Stalin did his murders. He at least said that so and so was reactionary, had committed a crime against the State, etc. Even if untrue. (Of course, my favorite was always "Imperialist lackey running-dog!" :lol: What exactly does that even mean?)

Klaus

Germania

Post by Germania » 29 Jul 2004, 17:36

For anybody this tread wasn´t start by me! :x

Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 29 Jul 2004, 18:46

For anybody this tread wasn´t start by me!
You are the author of this thread, and may I ask what you seem to be angry about?

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 29 Jul 2004, 19:13

Thats why israel was founded in the first place, because of numbers.
Really? Let's see some evidence of that!

Germania

Post by Germania » 29 Jul 2004, 19:56

Beppo Schmidt wrote:
For anybody this tread wasn´t start by me!
You are the author of this thread, and may I ask what you seem to be angry about?
No I´m not the author of this tread ask the moderator who start this tread in my name!

Take a look here http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 29 Jul 2004, 20:24

This thread was split off from another thread, at:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=55101

by this moderator, and was not started by Germania. Henceforth I will try to make this point clearly, as I failed to do that here.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”