The SAS and Nazi War Criminals

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
ScottieDog

The SAS and Nazi War Criminals

Post by ScottieDog » 27 Mar 2002, 08:48

This is a tough one- I have heard that the British SAS were used post-war to round up Nazi-war criminals and bring them to trial. Is this true? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.. Jason Amundsen

Gwynn Compton

Post by Gwynn Compton » 27 Mar 2002, 09:28

It's fesiable to say the least, given the lack of police forces in war torn Europe. Though I don't have anything on it though.

Haegg

SAS

Post by Haegg » 27 Mar 2002, 12:18

Hey, I have seen pictures of that in a book about SAS. Sorry but I can't remember the title of it right now. There where at least two pictures of the activities you were referring to. One picture is of an SAS patrol in a jeep somewhere in Italy. The patrol had caught some warcriminals who where sitting in the back of the jeep. The other picture was of a simlar sitation somewhere in Germany. I'll get back to you when I found the book.

Fred

Post by Fred » 05 Apr 2002, 00:32

I saw on Discovery Channel(last year) that British "personnel" were used post-war to execute Nazi-war criminals (no trial). They had a special made car for the "job", like a steel coffin under the backseat to muzzle the sound of the pistol and prevent to get to much blood in the car. After the job was done they drove to some alley and threw the body.

I think the program was about spies and stuff, he also showed some guns, silencers and rifles...

Al Carter

Saw that one too Fred

Post by Al Carter » 05 Apr 2002, 21:56

If I remember correctly the SAS where tasked with executing war criminals...no trial. They had given examples of some that were caught and then shot, but I can't remember who.

Al Carter

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”