Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Milizia Forestale (MVSN)

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.

Milizia Forestale (MVSN)

Postby freiwillige on 26 May 2005 08:13

Hello,

I'm trying to locate info about the Milizia Forestale(Forestry Militia) of the M.V.S.N. in military operations, specially in the R.S.I. period.

I have found this page:
http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/VZita/milfor_stoper.htm
(about operations of the Militia in East Africa)

Regards,
Ferran
freiwillige
Spain

Postby Lupo Solitario on 26 May 2005 16:24

complicated...the Milizia Forestale had been formed in 1926 for trasformation of the precedent Corpo Reale delle Foreste and incorporated in Armed Forces.
In this way, it had to partecipate to italian wars. In 1943, the royal government cancelled the Milizia Forestale and recreate the Corpo Reale delle Foreste which in 1946 assumed the actual name of Corpo Forestale dello Stato
(official page: http://www.corpoforestale.it/wai/CFS/st ... _1945.html)

I ignore what happened in RSI in particular if Milizia Forestale passed under Guardia Nazionale Repubblicana as other militia or served in some way an indipendent role
Lupo Solitario
Italy

Postby freiwillige on 26 May 2005 16:25

Thanks Lupo

F.
freiwillige
Spain

Milizia Forestale

Postby Rolf2 on 01 Jun 2005 14:23

During RSI time, kept its organization in Legions, the same as before, during MVSN years, and still with its duties as protection of the florests and controlling hunting and fishing up to May 1945.
On 11. Dec 1944 changed its name in GUARDIA NAZIONALE REPUBBLICANA DELLA MONTAGNA E DELLE FORESTE, with Mussolini Decree n. 908, adding to its duties the armed defence of water and mining resources.
Commanded by Col. Amedeo VERGER (Nov. 1943 - Jun. 1944) and latare by Gen. Mario CANDELORI (Jun. 1944 - May 1945)

Rolf
Rolf2
Brazil

Return to Italy under Fascism 1922-1945