Mexican Waffen SS member

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
JulioAF

Mexican Waffen SS member

Post by JulioAF » 08 Jun 2005, 20:47

Hello:

Once, I read someplace in the internet that there were a mexican member of the Waffen SS. I have searched lots of places for more information about this theme but I have not had success.

Can someone inform me about this or where can I get information about?

Thank you in advance,

JulioAF

Marc Rikmenspoel

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel » 09 Jun 2005, 05:24

I don't have any suggestion on where to check, but most of the pre and early war SS-VT men who came from far corners of the globe (such as Papua) were the sons of German immigrants and businessmen and such. They weren't usually from families who were natives of those territories with long ancestral associations there.

Panzermahn

Re: Mexican Waffen SS member

Post by Panzermahn » 09 Jun 2005, 06:12

JulioAF wrote:Hello:

Once, I read someplace in the internet that there were a mexican member of the Waffen SS. I have searched lots of places for more information about this theme but I have not had success.

Can someone inform me about this or where can I get information about?

Thank you in advance,

JulioAF
Yes, i forgot his name but i try to find it back for you. Initially, he served in the Division Azul staff. After Division Azul was disbanded, he was transferred to the SS-PK Kurt Eggers..If i am not mistaken, he was the one who wrote the articles in the Division Azul newspaper, Enlace

JulioAF

Post by JulioAF » 09 Jun 2005, 16:15

Thank you Marc and Panzermahn,

I will be very greatful with you if you can give me more data of this person. It's just curiosity about this man.

Thank you very much, again.

JulioAF

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 10 Jun 2005, 23:01

courtesy of former member Ostuf Charlemagne:
Y para el amigo mexicano :

It was at last two mexicans serving within the Waffen-SS .

Along with some argentines ones ,4 or 5 brasilians , one central american (maybe guatemalan ,maybe honduran ....name was R.Monzon Toledo ,served as SS PK and journalist of phalangist newspaper Enlace (printed in Germany by the Ibero-American Institute of General Faupel ,former profesor in War College of peruvian army and former general-inspector of Argentine Army ,and also former german embassador in Franco's Spain ,1937)
and at last a famous german chilean Volksdeutsche : SS Brigadeführer Hansen ,the "father" of the SS Artillery ,born in Santiago de Chile and chilean citizen .

Also many cubans one (around 20 or 30) ,belonging to the cuban chapter of the spanish Phalange (Cuba had only 40 years since independance from Spain) who enlisted the Division Azul.

So even "los españoles de las Americas" - as would have said Lluys de Santamarina , answered ¡PRESENTE ! to the call of the anticommunist cruzade .

For the ones who would like to know ,I am working by now on a book about latinamerican volunteers in Axis forces . For instances it shows up lots of italo-argetines who traveled to italy to enlist the Blackshirts ,like Armando Tela , argentine businessman who joined an MVSN Blackshirts Assault Legion during the Albanian War ,was desmobilized as NCO ,stayed in Italy where he formed another successful private enterprise ,then let his factory and good salary to enlist the Black Brigades as sergeant-major ,wounded in partisan ambush and murdered by partisans while in convalescence at home .

Those men where real idealists
!

from: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

un saludo

Xavier
Instandsetzungtruppfuhrer

RafaelFrancoDeVilla

Post by RafaelFrancoDeVilla » 12 Jun 2013, 19:40

did anyone find this names of the mexican wafffen ss or of waffen ss who left spain after the war to live in mexico. I currently hunting my grandfather who was a waffen ss from spain who move to mexico after the war was over?

bkossen

Post by bkossen » 29 Jun 2013, 11:54

There was a Dutch Waffen-SS officer - Reiner Akkerman - who was born in Mexico City but I doubt he had the Mexican nationality. He was KIA in the Narwa area on Februari 11, 1944.

Kind regards,

Bert Kossen

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”