JSTOR Articles and Access

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 28 Sep 2005, 14:53

Michate wrote:
Online available via the http://www.jstor.org article search engine.
Yes, Michate, that's the way to do it. But you forgot to mention that one must be an enrolled university student or faculty member to access it's data base! At least that's the case in North America. And that's a real shame because, as you implied, there are many, many well-researched and fascinating articles in the scholarly journals that most don't even know exist. I have a list of 8 or 9 historical journals that I review each year by going to my university library and spending a half-day. I'm an alumnus so they let me in. But most who visit and use AHF are not so fortunate.

P.S. - I agree with your opinion of the Thomas/FHO article. I have it and it's excellent.

--Larry

Michate

Post by Michate » 28 Sep 2005, 15:16

Larry D.,

you are correct. As I normally log in from my local university network, I actually did not notice that restriction until pointed to it.

I would like apologise I pointed to a link not available for most forum visitors. And it is a shame because the content of the artciles available is first rate.

Unfortunately I do not know any other online place where to get the article online.

Sorry again,
Michate

Andy H
Forum Staff

Re: JSTOR Articles and Access

Post by Andy H » 20 Jan 2013, 03:17

Hi

Sadly the vast majority of JSTOR's articles remain beyond the realm of the average non academic or history buff, but they have made a token effort in terms of access with their Register & Read program. Details here:- http://about.jstor.org/rr

Regards

Andy H

Art
Forum Staff

Re: JSTOR Articles and Access

Post by Art » 20 Jan 2013, 18:27

But you forgot to mention that one must be an enrolled university student or faculty member to access it's data base!
There are options.:-) See the mentioned article attached.
Attachments
FHO Thomas.pdf
(766.81 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Return to “Archives”