Jewish emigration figures from Germany up to 1939

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
rob

Jewish emigration figures from Germany up to 1939

Post by rob » 01 Apr 2002, 06:12

One of the tragedies of the war starting when it did was that hundreds of thousands of Jews were stuck in German held territory when the war started and couldn't get out. Based on the emigration that was happening I believe that had war been postponed another few years almost all jews would have safely left German held Europe by the early to mid 1940's. Of course this doesn't account for Jews in Poland and Hungary. Does anyone have year by year emigration figures of the 1930s of German Jews. If I recall correctly, 1938 and 1939 saw massive increases in numbers.

Roberto

Re: Jewish emigration figures from Germany up to 1939

Post by Roberto » 01 Apr 2002, 11:56

rob wrote:One of the tragedies of the war starting when it did was that hundreds of thousands of Jews were stuck in German held territory when the war started and couldn't get out. Based on the emigration that was happening I believe that had war been postponed another few years almost all jews would have safely left German held Europe by the early to mid 1940's. Of course this doesn't account for Jews in Poland and Hungary. Does anyone have year by year emigration figures of the 1930s of German Jews. If I recall correctly, 1938 and 1939 saw massive increases in numbers.
Rob,

You’ll find some figures in the Korherr Report:

http://thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 9c2b6e40c4

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”