"The main German use of pistols was in war crimes"

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
mick

Re: "The main use of pistols was in the Holocaust"

Post by mick » 10 Nov 2013, 01:56

Your SOURCE of information which should be documented that way the users of this site can read the document which makes such a claim. I have looked through my records and cannot find such facts as you claim. have also looked on the internet without success on this subject, so your source of information would be most appreciated.

Von Schadewald

Post by Von Schadewald » 10 Nov 2013, 02:00

Please specify which claim(s)?

I assume that the the title of this thread was by the Moderator. However the non-combat usage of pistols in WW2 by the Germans and their allies in the killings of those apart from Jews and Gypsies must also be figured in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:W ... _massacres

mick

Post by mick » 10 Nov 2013, 02:12

Sir, your original post headed the main use of pistols was in the Holocaust. Can you supply a source where you have gathered your information. Thank you

Von Schadewald

Post by Von Schadewald » 10 Nov 2013, 02:19

mick wrote:Sir, your original post headed the main use of pistols was in the Holocaust.
My original post never used the word "Holocaust".

However I would like to know if there is an approximate % figure by cause of death of the 6 million whether by gas, disease, starvation, hanging, experimentation etc and particularly by gunfire.

Approx 9 million Soviet military and 1 million of the military of other nations died in WW2 fighting the Germans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ww2_deaths

If 10% died from gunshot, that is 1 million military. Of these only a few tens of thousand would be by German pistol fire. I would think that the number of non-combatants (ie civilians and POWs) killed by German & their allies' pistol fire could easily equal or exceed that figure.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 10 Nov 2013, 10:50

mick wrote:Your SOURCE for the claims you are making that's a simple request. The facts do not lie. If there is truth in your claim it will be documented for everyone to read. That way there is no misunderstanding of your claims.
I affiliate that request.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 10 Nov 2013, 13:04

Von Schadewald, Let me add that providing the sources when requested is mandatory here and now I'm also asking for your sources for the claims made in this thread. Let's start with this claim: "The main use of pistols in WW2 by the Germans was for point blank killings, mainly neck shots".

Also, please remember that it is required to mention the source of the images you post here.

/Marcus

Von Schadewald

Post by Von Schadewald » 10 Nov 2013, 13:25

I did not know that it was mandatory. Is there a link to the forum rule for that.

Also that the world "Holocaust", which was not given by me for the title of this thread, be changed to "Executions" or "War Crimes" and the word "German" or "Nazi" be placed in front of "pistols".

I will obtain the source from the Yad Vashem archives.

As for German preference for the generally immediately fatal neck shots - nickschuss - as opposed to the not necessarily immediately fatal Russian preference for head shots - kopfschuss, here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genickschussanlage
Last edited by Von Schadewald on 10 Nov 2013, 13:45, edited 6 times in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 10 Nov 2013, 13:30

Von Schadewald wrote:I will obtain the source from the Yad Vashem archives.
You need to be more specific than than. Which source did you use and what did it say?

/Marcus

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 10 Nov 2013, 16:31

Von Schadewald wrote:I did not know that it was mandatory. Is there a link to the forum rule for that.
See "2. Claims and Proof" section of the expanded rules at at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53962
If you mean posting the source of the images, see the "Posting images" section at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6
Von Schadewald wrote:Also that the world "Holocaust", which was not given by me for the title of this thread, be changed to "Executions" or "War Crimes" and the word "German" or "Nazi" be placed in front of "pistols".
You chose images related to the Holocaust and spoke of the Einsatzgruppen so the term "Holocaust" matches the content of your claims but I've changed it to "The main German use of pistols was in war crimes".

/Marcus

bronk7

Post by bronk7 » 10 Nov 2013, 17:23

StefanSiverud wrote:We are still waiting for the evidence for your claim:
Von Schadewald wrote:[Split from "1911 vs Luger"]
The main use of pistols in WW2 by the Germans was for point blank killings, mainly neckshots
Additionally, please explain the German rationale for giving pistols in large quantities to machine gunners, pilots, navy and airborne units to mention a few.
maybe he meant, the pistol KILLED more per round for execution vs 'combat' related....how often did pilots use pistols in combat? or the heavy weapons troops? they are a defensive weapon, used for 'close' combat...he says 'USE'<>how were they used, not distribution purpose.....I have to say, this is interesting, because of the realistic thinking of Von
Last edited by bronk7 on 10 Nov 2013, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.

bronk7

Re: "The main German use of pistols was in war crimes"

Post by bronk7 » 10 Nov 2013, 17:52

if Von meant 'deaths due to pistols' I can understand this
Last edited by bronk7 on 11 Nov 2013, 03:27, edited 2 times in total.

mick

Re: "The main German use of pistols was in war crimes"

Post by mick » 10 Nov 2013, 18:46

bronk7 wrote:if Von meant 'deaths due due pistols' I can understand this
And I to can understand this

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 10 Nov 2013, 19:56

Von Schadewald wrote:[...]
As for German preference for the generally immediately fatal neck shots - nickschuss - as opposed to the not necessarily immediately fatal Russian preference for head shots - kopfschuss, here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genickschussanlage
It seems you´re mixing some things up here?
1. it´s Genickschuß and not nickschuss.
2. headshot and Russian? Maybe happened at fighting units but as we know from the massacre in Katyn the NKWD used neckshots there.
3. why did you link to the wikipedia article of the neckshot - construction in the KL Buchenwald?

Side note: Where´s the location "Yugo"?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”