- New member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013 13:54
1) Any idea of year of manuacture based on the serial # 131504
2) Is the case time appropriate? Trying to determine i it is the original case
3) The case is marked with what appears to be the owner's name:
Any idea what the above refers to?
4) The case seems to also have the markings of a bird, with the numbers 6494 underneath. Hard to read these, so not sure if this is accurate.
Let's see if the photos re small enough to add: no!
I have uploaded pictures to photobucket i it helps.
http://s1238.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... binoculars
any help appreciated
- Host - Militaria sections
- Posts: 5215
- Joined: 25 Apr 2006 18:56
- Location: USA
Binoculars and case are German WW 2......the Case appears earlier than the binoculars.....but that wouldn't be unusual.....There is a detailed list of German Binoculars, types, numbers, dates, etc. under the "other equipment" listing.....that will answere your questions.
The markings on the case is the maker and year of manurfacture.....the small markings are "waffampts" which are more or less "inspectors" marks.....the binoculars are painted "Odnance tan" (usually called "Afrika Korps tan")....which didn't become common paint for equipment until mid-war....that's why the Binocs probably didn't originally come in this case....but it's possible....the serial #s will tell you that. These 6x30 binoculars are "very common"....so condition, optics, and "completeness" make a big differance.....
Check the "other Equipment" thread....your answeres are there...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]