identification of F. Todt silver

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
sally

identification of F. Todt silver

Post by sally » 13 Feb 2007, 17:07

Greetings, all,

I have uncovered a set of flatware that has the following markings:

F. TODT PFORZHEIM 100

I cannot seem to find any information on the origin of this set. I am inclined to think that it may have been produced during the reign of the Third Reich.

Anyone have any information to confirm or dispute?

Thanks!

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 14 Feb 2007, 02:09

Hello Sally,

after googling around a while two catalogues of a F. Todt company from Pforzheim came up that existed before WWI. They seem to have produced all kinds of fine household metal items and sold them through their own mail order business as well.

http://katalog.upm.cz/cgi-bin/k6?ST=03& ... +Pforzheim
F. Todt Gold- und Silberwaren-Fabrik Pforzheim
http://www.antiquariat-gruber.de/catchd ... rchfor=425
86960, Todt, F. (Hrsg.)
Katalog Nr. 29. Pforzheim, 1911/12. Reich illustrierter Verkaufskatalog des Versandhauses für Juwelen, Gold- und Silberwaren, Tafelgeräte, Bestecke, kunstgewerbliche Arbeiten und Emaillegegenstände teilweise im Jugendstil und mit sehr hübschen Abbildungen. - Sauberes und gut erhaltenes Exemplar. - Beiliegend: Rechnung der Fa. Todt von 1908
I don't know how this company was related to Fritz Todt who originated from Pforzheim as well. His father is described in some short bios as 'factory owner'. Perhaps he was the owner of this business.

Best regards
Torsten

sally

Post by sally » 14 Feb 2007, 18:16

Thanks for the wonderfully detailed response, Torsten. You are probably correct regarding his father. I'll let you know if I can confirm that.

Best regards,
Sally

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”