NAZI GOLD BAR REPROS

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
R. J. Kimmel
Banned

NAZI GOLD BAR REPROS

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 19:29

Has anyone seen the reproduction Reichbank Gold Bars that were produced by Ray Cowdery several years back being sold as genuine yet?

As I understand it, he had them made in the exact sze, markings, weight and actual gold plating.

A rub test will prove gold, not solid gold as the original bars, but gold nevertheless.

It is more likely than not that after these kick around for a decade or so, they will be being offered as genuine by some of the less than honorable in our collecting society who had purchased them.

Who will be to blame then, the person who had them made and who had sold them initially, or the purchaser/resellers of them. Sad isn't it.

Richard

In New Jersey we have a saying... BOHIKA - Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

Richard

RF HONTS
Banned

hello

Post by RF HONTS » 19 Apr 2002, 20:28

Who would purchase a gold plated bar? If someone is dumb enough to make a purchase of a gold bar, which would cost in the thousands if not 10's of thousands, then they deserve what they get.

A gold plated bar is junk, and 99.99999 people out there wanting to purchase a gold bar, would have something like that tested.

Roger

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 19 Apr 2002, 22:14

I recall seeing "Nazi gold bars" being offered recently in a magazine, but believe they were labeled reproductions. I will see if I can find the ad.

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 22:20

It's already been stated and known that these are repros, let's not be redundant. The point that is being missed is that down the line little bad boys will try to resell them as being genuine. Believe it or not... there are just as many foolish collectors that will buy them as real, as there were bars produced.

Let's start comprehending what we read guys.. I have already said that a rub test will prove them to be gold... a little ageing, a little toning... well, you get it by now.

I hope that you fellows haven't already purchased one of these as original?

Richard
Last edited by R. J. Kimmel on 19 Apr 2002, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Apr 2002, 22:23

R. J. Kimmel wrote:Believe it or not... there are just as many foolish collectors that will buy them as real, as there were bars produced.
Unfortunately I think you are correct about that.

/Marcus

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 22:30

Marcus Wendel wrote:
R. J. Kimmel wrote:Believe it or not... there are just as many foolish collectors that will buy them as real, as there were bars produced.
Unfortunately I think you are correct about that.

/Marcus
Marcus... I believe I read this correctly, but please clear this up a bit. Is it that it's unfortunate that you consider me correct or that unfortunately I'm correct that foolish collectors will be taken by these at some point in time?

PS. I understand that there was a little fiasco on the forum last evening?

Richard

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Apr 2002, 22:36

Richard,

What I ment to say was of course that is unfortunate that there are so many foolish collectors, not that is was unfortunate that you were correct.
Sorry for being unclear.

/Marcus

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Apr 2002, 22:37

R. J. Kimmel wrote:PS. I understand that there was a little fiasco on the forum last evening?
A fiasco? Not that I know of, there was however a thread that I deleted this morning (local time).

/Marcus

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 22:38

Marcus Wendel wrote:Richard,

What I ment to say was of course that is unfortunate that there are so many foolish collectors, not that is was unfortunate that you were correct.
Sorry for being unclear.

/Marcus
I appreciate your clearing that up and I took no offense, just wanted to make certain that I understood it correctly... thank you.

/Richard

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 22:42

Marcus Wendel wrote:
R. J. Kimmel wrote:PS. I understand that there was a little fiasco on the forum last evening?
A fiasco? Not that I know of, there was however a thread that I deleted this morning (local time).

/Marcus
Sorry that I missed that one, as it must have been a good one.

/Richard

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Apr 2002, 22:43

R. J. Kimmel wrote:Sorry that I missed that one, as it must have been a good one.
No, it was only a stupid thread, nothing intelligent or interesting.

/Marcus

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 22:49

One thing that I like about your forum Marcus, is that I don't see individuals shilling for certain dealers as on was most prominant on antother forum.

/Richard

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

FAIR AND BALANCED REPORTING

Post by WCSTUMP » 19 Apr 2002, 23:14

If this forum will banish and exile the agitators from the proxy servers from Brazil, Montgomery, Indiana, all creatures of the night, and the members of the "Army of Dr. Lo", then this forum can proceed forward and become a parent associate of Fox News. ONLY fair and balance news will be presented.

RF HONTS
Banned

AGAIN

Post by RF HONTS » 19 Apr 2002, 23:18

Hmmmmm,

As I stated previously I can't believe there are people that would mistake a gold PLATED bar for one that is SOLID. I think most people have enough commen sense not to purchase that....however some people will think anything is original...correct Richard?

Roger

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: AGAIN

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 19 Apr 2002, 23:29

RF HONTS wrote:Hmmmmm,

As I stated previously I can't believe there are people that would mistake a gold PLATED bar for one that is SOLID. I think most people have enough commen sense not to purchase that....however some people will think anything is original...correct Richard?

Roger
HO Hummm, I'm getting a bit tired of people not comprehending what is written. Go back and read it again. These bars were solid. here's a bit more info... a base metal of, at the moment, unknown origin and then gold plated. Inclusive of the gold plating the bars were made to weigh the exact amount of the originals.

Some people have this down to a science.

/Richard

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”