WW2 era Nazi police truncheon and leather case?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
copperpotuk

WW2 era Nazi police truncheon and leather case?

Post by copperpotuk » 19 Dec 2011, 00:06

Can anyone give me any further information on the Truncheon and case as shown, when I got it, it was described as more the type used by concentration camp guards rather than standard police issue?
The maker mark on the leather is Lederwerke Karl Ackva A.G Bad Kreuznach 1934 of which from a little research was a German military maker or holsters etc
Any views on this item are welcomed.

coburg22

Re: WW2 era Nazi police truncheon and leather case?

Post by coburg22 » 19 Dec 2011, 01:07

Take it to the WAF SS/Polizei Section

JoeW

Post by JoeW » 19 Dec 2011, 21:14

Looks more like a case for a musician's fife. These were carried on the belt of the musician. Weimar era police truncheons were carried by a snap hook on the belt, and were drilled for a strap. I can see no logic in keeping a truncheon hidden in a case where it is not available for immediate use.

cpittman

Post by cpittman » 20 Dec 2011, 16:41

I agree, probably a case for a fife. There were no truncheons designed or issued specifically for concentration camp use, that is a fallacy.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 21 Dec 2011, 15:45

I also agree with JoeW & cpittman about this.....case is almost definately a fife/flute case....unfortunately the story without provenance is just so much "Hype".....however the case itself and the truncheon- seperately (especially if that's "German" marked) would have interest....how much would depend...
IMO these are a "convienient" marriage with a B.S. story attached....though I'm not an expert on early German Police "Nite sticks" or
"Billy Clubs".
John G.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”