Can you tell anything about this German tobacco box?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Antti V

Can you tell anything about this German tobacco box?

Post by Antti V » 26 Apr 2002, 16:14

Hi

I asked this about year ago in old Forum, and I did find out factory which made these tobaccos. Now I would like to know can someone say when was this tobacco made, years? There was not anything about this tobacco brand in A-Batschari-Cigarettenfabrik (ABC) websites. Box is aluminium or some other metal so it must be from early 1940´s or earlier (I think). This is from my grandfather´s estate.

POW
Banned

Post by POW » 26 Apr 2002, 21:03

The factory which made this cigarettes was called Batschari in Baden-Baden. Not difficult to find out cause it'S written on the box :lol:
The factory was located between the Balzenbergstraße and Mozartstraße, builded in 1908/09.
ABC was the abbreviation for August Batschari Cigaretten. Image
In the depression after the first World War the factory was sold to 99% to Reentsma. They produces in that factory until end WW2. Funny to note that Reentsma is today the sponsor of the WW2 exhibition.

RF HONTS
Banned

Excellent

Post by RF HONTS » 26 Apr 2002, 21:23

GREAT information!!!!

Thank you,

Roger

Antti V

Post by Antti V » 27 Apr 2002, 12:41

Thanks for info! Can you tell anything about this brand "Imperator"? When was its manufacturing started and when it did finish etc.? This box can hold 25 quite small tobaccos.

I would like to find some date for this box, when was my grandfather most likely bought this tobacco etc.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”