New Member / Feedback on Snyders Treasures Item

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
TalAustralia

New Member / Feedback on Snyders Treasures Item

Post by TalAustralia » 07 Jan 2017, 10:30

Greetings from Australia,

Have just started to expand into more German WW2 collecting (having collected militaria generally including some German WW2 for over 35 years) and thought it best to join a good forum to help prevent being burned on areas I have no depth of knowledge yet.

My wife has previously bought some small items from Snyders Treasures as Xmas gifts, which have checked out OK, but I was considering buying a supposedly Berghof used Boar Tusk corkscrew AH marked, and thought perhaps best to seek some expert input first.

I have read a great deal of the bad reviews online about this seller, but they are peppered with the occasional "he has genuine items". So may I ask of anyone here who may have some deeper thoughts and ability to judge than I do, what's the chance any of these from Snyder are the genuine item?

Here are some of the items -http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/g ... #corkscrew

Likely to be real deal? Old boar tusk openers later marked with AH?

Thoughts welcome and appreciated.

many thanks,

von thoma

Re: New Member / Feedback on Snyders Treasures Item

Post by von thoma » 07 Jan 2017, 20:54

Snyders Treasures, it's a place with bad reputation.
Always plays with mixed items.
Get away from those openers...marked AH.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 07 Jan 2017, 22:31

I thought Charles Snyder died a couple of years ago?

TalAustralia

Post by TalAustralia » 07 Jan 2017, 23:23

Thanks for the feedback von thoma.

Still alive it seems hucks216.

I can see from the forums that people say he mixes fake and real, and the items my wife got me checked out as real, so I was hoping the corkscrews might sit in the 'real' category. Just keen to hear from anyone who may know if they are 101st veteran finds as is claimed, or fakes? If the former I'd really like to get one. Many thanks.

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 08 Jan 2017, 01:51

Just checked, he died in October 2015 aged 84.

TalAustralia

Post by TalAustralia » 08 Jan 2017, 05:18

Wow. My wife just bought something off him in November and was emailing him? Maybe it was not him? Perhaps someone has taken over his collection / site etc?

rlimike

Post by rlimike » 08 Jan 2017, 16:47

As the others have said , he has died but his website is still operating ... probably until everything is gone.The website is loaded with fakes there were a few original items, do your homework before buying anything from there.

Larry C

Post by Larry C » 09 Jan 2017, 00:59

He has died..it is fact. He has someone who stepped into his shoes and continue the downward spiral into ripping and conning people..even with a recent for sale selling locks of hair claiming they are from a KZ camp.

This low level of selling is along the same dark borders as Black digging. Avoid that website
locks.JPG
locks.JPG (19.89 KiB) Viewed 2775 times

TalAustralia

Post by TalAustralia » 11 Jan 2017, 06:08

Thanks for the advice.

Clearly he and his site have a bad rep, but it's also clear there are some legit items.

Once again, a recent purchase of an SA Dagger ended up being legit and well priced, so can anyone offer any commentary on the chances of the AH marked corkscrews being possibly the real deal as Berghof veteran bring backs? Have never seen them anywhere else, and if there is a good chance they were in the legit category I'd hate to pass one up.

many thanks.

clauz

Post by clauz » 07 May 2017, 15:34

Interesting reading here guys, thanks. I´m thinking of buying a couple of forks from there. His webiste is not exactly the best I´ve seen. Can´t find any good information about how they send items abroad and the shipping cost? I live in Sweden, anybody have some info on this? Is it reliable in the meaning that you actually get the parcel, fake or not :D ?

clauz

Post by clauz » 07 May 2017, 15:43

I have no opinion on the cork screw by the way. Keep looking for more information, is there any other dealer or auction who has had it or similar? Try Youtube also, could very well be it that an AH collector has made some film about his collection. Good Luck.

dr.frey

Post by dr.frey » 13 Jul 2017, 18:48

everytime i see his site, my computer freeze? l never hear he died, i remember him from the 60,s he used to have all good item in his mail he send out, nice reading, thank you

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”