Confiscated Vehicles of the Reichskanzlei / Berghof-Berchtesgaden 1945

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Hindenburg1934

Confiscated Vehicles of the Reichskanzlei / Berghof-Berchtesgaden 1945

Post by Hindenburg1934 » 24 Feb 2017, 17:37

A question for this forum: Some museums and collectors said they had the Mercedes of Adolf Hitler.
But I can not find any real proof of this statement.
There are documents about these claims?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Confiscated Vehicles of the Reichskanzlei / Berghof-Berchtesgaden 1945

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 26 Feb 2017, 05:03

well, I remember when I was a pre teen reading the same thing in papers, man oh man Hitler must have had a while car lot full of those 3 axle cars,
IMO most all are crap ..LIke it would have survied the massive bombings?

Laurence Strong

Post by Laurence Strong » 26 Feb 2017, 16:32

"........It was confirmed by Mercedes Benz, Stuttgart, that the car in question had been delivered to the adjutancy of Adolf Hitler on 8 July 1940. It could not been [sic] found out whether the car had been used by Hermann Goring himself, but it is possible......."

https://journals.lib.unb.ca/index.php/m ... 7835/22142

For what it's worth.

IIRC there were underground parking lots that were used by officials where the cars could/would have survived..........

Cheers
Larry

Hindenburg1934

Post by Hindenburg1934 » 26 Feb 2017, 18:04

Thank you, here is the reason why I am interested and investigate.

I have the following vehicle. The History is true I have the documents.

Vehicle: Mercedes Benz 770/W07
Model: Pullman sedan / armor-plated / special version according to customer’s wishes.
Year of manufacture: 1937

Vehicle history:

This vehicle was ordered on June 3rd 1937 by the then Prussian Prime Minister and Air Transport Minister of the Third Reich, Senior General Hermann Göring from the Untertuerkheim Plant of Daimler-Benz-AG. A short time later, the order was changed on the instructions and according to the wishes of Adolf Hitler, Chancellor of the Third Reich, by the Chancellery of the Reich on June 23rd 1937 and confirmed by means of a document sent to Daimler-Benz-AG.

The order from the Chancellery to Daimler-Benz-AG was carried out on July 3rd 1937.

On July 7th 1937 a communication from the Minister of Finance of the Third Reich was sent to the Central Payments Office of the Third Reich with instructions to transfer the sum of 30,000 Marks to the Untertuerkheim Plant of Daimler-Benz-AG as payment for this vehicle.

The special version of this vehicle requested by Adolf Hitler was then assigned to his personal fleet at Berghof in Berchtesgaden.

In 1945 the vehicle was confiscated at Hitler’s Berghof in Berchtesgaden by the French General Leclerc and taken to France, where it was handed over to General de Gaulle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Модель автомобиля : Mercedes Benz 770 / W07
Исполнение : Лимузин Пульман / бронированный / специальное исполнение по желанию заказчика.
Год выпуска : 1937

История автомобиля:

3 июня 1937 г. был сделан заказ этого автомобиля тогдашним Премьер-министром Пруссии и Рейхсминистром авиации , Генерал-полковником Германом Герингом в Daimler-Benz-AG на заводе в г. Унтертюркхайме. Вскоре после этого заказ был по желанию фюрера и рейхсканцлера Адольфа Гитлера изменен и подтвержден рейхсканцелярией 23 июня 1937г через заказную квитанцию и направлен в компанию Daimler-Benz AG.

3 июля 1937 г. заказ от рейхсканцелярии к Daimler-Benz AG был осуществлен.

7 июля 1937г.  было направлено письмо от Рейхсминистра финансов в главную кассу с указанием оплатить 30.000 рейхсмарок заказанный автомобиль в Daimler-Benz-AG / завод в г. Унтертюркхайме.

После этого автомобиль был доставлен в специальном исполнении по желанию фюрера Адольфа Гитлера в его личный автопарк в г. Berghof / Берхтесгаден.

В 1945 году автомобиль был конфискован у Гитлера в г. Berghof / Берхтесгаден французским Генералом Леклерком и отправлен во Францию, где он был передан Генералу де Голлю.

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 05 Mar 2017, 04:45

Unless I am mistaken, this vehicle is on display at the General Lyon Museum in Santa Ana adjacent to SNA airport. It is in Excellent condition, and is the one found at Berchtesgaden. One of only 3 of 49 left!
Robert B.

ucans

Post by ucans » 30 Apr 2017, 22:28

Hi to all
I think you make a little mistake
French troups Leclerc found two 770 w 150
The first was a pullman limo with licence plate IA-148696 modified in Z96 501: it is now in private collection in USA but nobody had seen it since more 30 years
The second was an opentourer now at Musee Henri Malartre (Rochetaillee sur Saône near Lyon in France
The car of Ottawa canadian war museum is the IA-148697 of Hitler
The car of Lyon Museum in USA is Mannerheim car (Hitler gift)
More information on my blog :http://mb770k.canalblog.com
Regards

ucans

Post by ucans » 30 Apr 2017, 22:30

The rochetaillee car has a false licence Plate IA-103708 (it's a licence Plate of another Hitler car, a W24)

ucans

Post by ucans » 14 Sep 2017, 14:35

Hi

I discovered one of the Pullman Limousine licence plate IA-148696 ( Z 96 501) confiscated by French 2nd Armored Division "Leclerc". Restoration by Austin Weiss https://youtu.be/ZOAksCBA6Rs

In National Automobile Museum in Mulhouse France, i saw a Pullman Limousine in restoration (its Erich Koch car) but it's not displayed

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”