ww2 german ally officers cigarette case

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Boing1972

ww2 german ally officers cigarette case

Post by Boing1972 » 07 Jan 2018 23:05

Hello to everyone,
I have a collection of SS officer cigarette cases that I have purchased from Russia, Poland, and Bulgaria.
all are dug up relics, I have purchased 2 cigarette cases that I'm looking for information on. the first one is a ally officers case that was given as a 2nd place competition award, the case belonged to an officer in the royal army of the kingdom of Bulgaria. its has his regiment initials carved into the case the number 10 with looks to be a u with a line under it. any ideas on what its a award for or the regiment ??

the second one belonged to a SS officer , it was dug up with a matching lighter was dug up in the Schwedt oder, I found several articals that match the date for the case to 1945, but no idea who was fighting who and what divisions. any information would be helpful

GregSingh

Re: ww2 german ally officers cigarette case

Post by GregSingh » 08 Jan 2018 06:34

:welcome:

Photos would help us.
How do you know who originally owned these?
If we become increasingly humble about how little we know, we may be more eager to search.

Boing1972

Post by Boing1972 » 08 Jan 2018 07:01

I'll try to get the photos up soon. Their names are engrave in the inside as well as their unit / division. I can't read one because it looks to be in Russian ?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 08 Jan 2018 15:44

Boing1972,
Definately need photos..... Anything SS coming from Russia, the Ukraine, Baltic states, Poland, or any "Eastern Block" country is very suspect to being a reproduction.... being dug or aged means nothing, they use "old stock" items (Cigarette cases, plates, vases, etc.) and engrave SS (or) Names and presentations on them... hopefully your's are genuine, but be prepared. 98% are bad.
John G.

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 09 Jan 2018 03:45

I can't read one because it looks to be in Russian ?
Perhaps Bulgarian.

What were they made of? Bakelite?
Everything "dug up" made of metal usually falls apart from corrosion (with some exceptions :D )
If we become increasingly humble about how little we know, we may be more eager to search.

Boing1972

Post by Boing1972 » 09 Jan 2018 03:52

Both are metal both are silver plated. Krafto ? Can only make out the first 4-5 letters, rest is pitted.One of them the finish is not real bad shape. Kinda rusty where the finish has corroded.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 09 Jan 2018 13:53

Without photos, all discussion and speculation is really meaningless.... so photos are a must.
John G.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”