new collector needing help with buying k98 bayo

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Charger

new collector needing help with buying k98 bayo

Post by Charger » 30 Jan 2018, 00:09

Hey

I've gotten a few ww2 items in the past and am now interested in purchasing a k98 bayonet. I've found one for sale in my country that looks nice (won't be able to go look at it so will have to go from pictures). I don't know too much about the k98 bayonets and I'm just wondering what you think about the k98 I'm looking at (I have attached images of it in this thread). It's apparently numbers matching and from 1940 and the seller is asking 140 dollars for it. Does it seem genuine and is it a fair price or would you say the bayonet is overpriced from what you can gather?

I'm thankful for any help I can get.
k5.jpg
k4.jpg
k3.jpg
k2.jpg
k1.jpg

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: new collector needing help with buying k98 bayo

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 30 Jan 2018, 14:10

Good one, as for price,I feel the price is a little high, but these are starting to increasein value, due to limited numbers now on market.Matching numbers help, so buy it.

Charger

Post by Charger » 30 Jan 2018, 20:18

Thank you very much for your answer Mark. It seems to be in pretty good shape, I wonder if it's been refurbished or if it's in its original state.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 31 Jan 2018, 00:32

Looks like it has been polished on a wire wheel (buffer) wire one though,to remove surface rust and patina, but the rust and patina will reappear over time, as rust and patina are chemical reactions in the metal itself

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”