This WW2 Japanese flag legit, or USN ship made

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

This WW2 Japanese flag legit, or USN ship made

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 26 Apr 2018 23:42

Guy on one of those FaceBook WW2 militaria groups, a cronic poster on this one group, just posted this, I told him IMO it was NOT a Japanese legit, but one made by USN or USA guys on board ship for other GI's to buy and impress their family and friends back home, I said these faded, running paint, wet ink types are garbage, as I have never seen a legit flags who's redball has run, even imirressed in water. I said IMO even the Kanji was weird, so do I owe him a apology? Also asked him why would the edges be raw, and not sewn as all were, Unfinished as this one ois
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: This WW2 Japanese flag legit, or USN ship made

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 26 Apr 2018 23:43

some mor epics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yantaylor

Post by yantaylor » 30 Apr 2018 15:29

Here is flag that one of my ex-work mates brought into the workshop, it was about two years ago and he knew little about it other than his granddad brought it back from the far east after WW2;
Optimized-IMG_4811.JPG

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 02 May 2018 02:23

Good one,

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”