Third Reich Tablecloth

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Archipelego

Third Reich Tablecloth

Post by Archipelego » 11 Mar 2019, 16:05

Article on BBC about a DR table setting that's come up for auction in Northern Ireland if any has a spare couple of grand : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47523018

Reading the article and assuming the author is the same person who has commented on the Facebook page, I think what's interesting about this article imho, is the person who wrote the article has a very one sided view of the sale and of collecting Third Reich memorabilia (bearing in mind the BBC is not meant to be biased). There's also comments from someone who works for the BBC, who infers that anyone who collects Third Reich memorabilia can only be described as a Nazi sympathiser.

Obviously, there are people out there who collect items such as this to glorify the period. To group everyone in the same boat, without discussion, is counter productive.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Third Reich Tablecloth

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 11 Mar 2019, 19:20

Ehh, another TR relic of dubious origin,

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Third Reich Tablecloth

Post by John G. » 12 Mar 2019, 00:26

I'd say a Deutsche Reichsbahn table cloth, probably for a higher official dinning car, but nothing says Hitler or anyone who had their own dinning pattern. Nice but not worth the exobinated price in my opinion. Another case of making a silk purse out of a cow's ear....

The rest of the bull shit about legitimate collector historians is both pathetic and insulting, but unfortunately the view of many...
John G.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”