collector items pricing

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
BlackSunRising

collector items pricing

Post by BlackSunRising » 20 Apr 2019 17:17

Hi all. new to the forum but Ive been reading the site for years. I have a few items here that I was hoping the community could give their estimates on pricing to. I know there is a buy and sell thread here but i was hoping this could be used for a price check evaluation etc.

The first item is a flag that i am currently waiting to buy. The person wants 900 bucks Canadian but i was thinking about offering 500 after doing price checks on other sites for the same kriegsflag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlackSunRising

Re: collector items pricing

Post by BlackSunRising » 20 Apr 2019 17:36

This item Is a cap worn Balkan muslims of the 13th Waffen gebirgs-division der SS "Handschar" I Picked it up for 120 dollars Canadian at an antique show last week. Its missing the tassel thing off the top but its in good condition otherwise. Buddy wanted 190 for it. What do you guys think of that price?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlackSunRising

Post by BlackSunRising » 20 Apr 2019 17:47

These were a super cool find. SS collar tabs of a Sturmbannfuhrer. I really hope they are real. especially since i paid 200 bucks for them. It was at the same antique show that i got the SS muslim hat at but from a different guy. He had to call his buddy who was the owner of them to bargain with me and he wouldn't go under 200 dollars Canadian. These kind items are super rare around my location.. I know there are way more people and collectible stuff in the US but not so much in my region I go to all sorts of gun shows and antique stores/shows in Alberta Canada and i had to pick these collar tabs up.

what do you guys think?

ps lulz at the mg 34 snail mag and barrel case in the background

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 20 Apr 2019 20:15

Sorry to have BAD news but the SS collar tabs and the SS fez are not original....(really bad actually)..... The flag is real but can be bought for less than your counter offer price.... 900 Can. Is ridiculous. The insignia on the fez is also fake. There are plenty of good dealer sites, never buy anything without a reasonable return period, and post them here or at another reputable forum..... We'll do our best. Also buy some reference books!
Sorry,
John G.

BlackSunRising

Post by BlackSunRising » 21 Apr 2019 05:37

John G. wrote:
20 Apr 2019 20:15
Sorry to have BAD news but the SS collar tabs and the SS fez are not original....(really bad actually)..... The flag is real but can be bought for less than your counter offer price.... 900 Can. Is ridiculous. The insignia on the fez is also fake. There are plenty of good dealer sites, never buy anything without a reasonable return period, and post them here or at another reputable forum..... We'll do our best. Also buy some reference books!
Sorry,
John G.
Thanks John G. major wish i could punch both guys in the face now lol...

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”