If everyone says your relics are fake-fantasy they are!!

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

If everyone says your relics are fake-fantasy they are!!

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 29 Sep 2019 17:58

Cripes, why do these newer members insist after everyone on here says their relics are fake=fantasy and fraud, they insist of ignoring all these really knowlegable ,members ande start weith the posting of links and other peeps say6ing the thing is real, ??

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: If everyone says your relics are fake-fantasy they are!!

Post by John G. » 30 Sep 2019 08:23

Mark.... While I agree with what your saying 100%, it's human nature to want to disbelieve bad news... especially when you can easily find someone or some institution that appears to confirm what you want to hear. The Holocaust website shows a whole array of fake and fantasy holocaust items.... They don't know and tend to believe whatever the donors say. The other item mentioned was probably a legit wartime badge, but not the example pictured....that's definitely a fake, available from the same English dealer who has a whole line of similiar items.... (In the box....come on....this type workers badge wouldn't be cased.... but why waste my breath or finger in this case, my 60 plus years of study and experience mean nothing I guess). However, my job
as moderator is to give the best reply I can....to the best of my knowledge, What they do with it is up to them. I don't take it personally....just disappointed some times.
John G.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 30 Sep 2019 15:46

yep, agree, the post in question I moved as a mod. to remove section as as we know, it would turn into as name calling posting. FYI did that post and relics seem familier from a couple years ago also? I remember the same set of fantasy and fake stuff posted either hre a couple yaears ago, or maybe over on WAK or GDF.Hmmm

eindhoven

Post by eindhoven » 30 Sep 2019 17:19

I saw that thread too and just shook my head. It's a common reaction and John's response is the appropriate one. It only escalates with people like that because their own nature is driving them. Others are grateful and those are the ones we hope for. Depends on the person. The best advice is give your best response and don't take it personally. Their reactions/responses say more about them than they realize.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”