Help I.D. this sword-machete-tourist *thing*?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Help I.D. this sword-machete-tourist *thing*?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 04 Dec 2019 01:52

Over all 54''.. wooden hand carved *cobra* handle.basic hamered blade, brought back from Viet-Nam.. tourist item I think..

Any idea on the blade markings? and script?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Help I.D. this sword-machete-tourist *thing*?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 04 Dec 2019 01:54

script and markings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 04 Dec 2019 02:22

Mark, interesting sword, the lettering on the blade look Cambodian or Laosian or Thai.... Might be Montainyard or some variant.... But looks legit for the period. I'd post on the U.S. Forum under the Vietnam section, Probably better help there. Certainly interesting. Not sure it's a tourist item, might be, but looks pretty serviceable as a machete.
John G.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 04 Dec 2019 03:29

I thought at one time of being some sort of Mountainyard, and Cambodian Laos or most likely Thai.Came from a very old Viet vet, but I buy the relic, not some story, so.....why we post here for ops.lol

rlimike
Financial supporter

Post by rlimike » 07 Dec 2019 22:55

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:
04 Dec 2019 03:29
I thought at one time of being some sort of Mountainyard, and Cambodian Laos or most likely Thai.Came from a very old Viet vet, but I buy the relic, not some story, so.....why we post here for ops.lol
I am a VN vet MACV Adv. Tm.33, 04-69' - 10-70' & about 12 years ago my house flooded and I lost every thing that I brought back except some SVN political posters and the uniform I was issued for ETS at Oakland .... that being said I have replaced some of that stuff with items I have found online, now when I pass away who ever gets that stuff can say they got it directly from a VN vets estate. :D

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”